What's new

Father's Day Deja Vu

teleprospector

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
4,126
Reaction score
4,381
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Motor City
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally was able to arrange a meeting this morning on a woodsy residential site where a nice family on fathers day was enjoying time together. The Dad was engaged in an excited phone conversation and while gesturing madly this sweet platinum band came off and flew into the "back 40". The MXT signaled loud and clear 52 in the poison ivy patch...so out came the long rubber cleaning gloves and a coil wipedown! yikes...gotta watch out for that poison ivy stuff!
Jon
RFpt7-2-16.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
WTG on the recovery!!! I HATE poison ivy! I easily get it & then it takes me months to get over it...........Nice going!!

Iowa Dale
 
WTG on the recovery!!! I HATE poison ivy! I easily get it & then it takes me months to get over it...........Nice going!!

Iowa Dale
Thanks!
Well I use a barrier cream/spray for that stuff as well as gloves, but the ivy oil can still get on your clothes.
We always check our metal detector sites for poisonous plants first.
It helps to know how to identify all of those plants during spring, summer, autumn times of the year.
Jon
 
Congratulations on the ring recovery/return! :occasion14:
 
nice recovery.
 
Good job on the recovery. You made that whole family's day.
 
Thank you everyone!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom