bryanleemc
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 31, 2013
- Messages
- 154
- Reaction score
- 72
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Richland, WA
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher f75, Gerrett 750
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Father's Day Finds!
After a cool Father's Day morning and a game of wii with my 8 year-old I went out to a park where the local club has had two seeded hunts in the past two years. They said it'd be a great place to practice. All the coins are in the top two inches, but I wanted to dig deeper to see what was in the area. It was a mistake, I believe, as it is a park out of the way and there has been a lot of dirt work, grading, etc. Only one dime was found as deep as 5 inches. All other items around that depth were trash.
I did end up finding my first half dollar! 1995 or '91, I believe. Lots of dimes and a few nickles. Then I stopped off at the nearby river and pulled in a nice small mouth! It was a great Father's Day!
![IMG_2273[1].webp IMG_2273[1].webp](https://www.treasurenet.com/data/attachments/786/786119-2397e148ce4be75b6174ab9b33be9466.jpg?hash=1EpkrDEqK9)

After a cool Father's Day morning and a game of wii with my 8 year-old I went out to a park where the local club has had two seeded hunts in the past two years. They said it'd be a great place to practice. All the coins are in the top two inches, but I wanted to dig deeper to see what was in the area. It was a mistake, I believe, as it is a park out of the way and there has been a lot of dirt work, grading, etc. Only one dime was found as deep as 5 inches. All other items around that depth were trash.
I did end up finding my first half dollar! 1995 or '91, I believe. Lots of dimes and a few nickles. Then I stopped off at the nearby river and pulled in a nice small mouth! It was a great Father's Day!
![IMG_2273[1].webp IMG_2273[1].webp](https://www.treasurenet.com/data/attachments/786/786119-2397e148ce4be75b6174ab9b33be9466.jpg?hash=1EpkrDEqK9)

Upvote
2








