Favorite 4-Legged Hunting Partner

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It's advised to never go hunting alone, so some enlist the company of their favorite 4 legged friend for companionship as well as personal defense.
Recently a treasure hunter or two posted a picture of whom they take with them.
I'll share a couple pictures of mine.
Simon030605 359.jpg Simon061105 107.jpg Sep2207 090.jpg

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the one weakness of my personal defender, small dogs, because they have such BIG Attitudes . He/or she is cute VP ! How old if I may ask ?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the one weakness of my personal defender, small dogs, because they have such BIG Attitudes . He/or she is cute VP ! How old if I may ask ?
metal_detector.gif
Actually, he is the wife's dog. She wanted something that would love her no matter what and I didn't meet that requirement. :) Charlie will be 5 months old tomorrow and weighs in at a whopping 2lb 9oz!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Mike, sir, I see you have spent waaaaaaaaaaay to much time in the mountains. Is this the one you have a shocker collar for ? He just doesn't look like the kind to listen to anything you say, probably not yet housebroken either ????

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
metal_detector.gif
Actually, he is the wife's dog. She wanted something that would love her no matter what and I didn't meet that requirement. :) Charlie will be 5 months old tomorrow and weighs in at a whopping 2lb 9oz!

None the less, looks like she has good taste. He is cute and only 2 1/2 # . Mine recently passed with a relatively unknown disease, Degenerative Mylopathy. He weighed in at 126#.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None the less, looks like she has good taste. He is cute and only 2 1/2 # . Mine recently passed with a relatively unknown disease, Degenerative Mylopathy. He weighed in at 126#.
metal_detector.gif
Thanks for the kind words and sorry about your loss. When we lost our little Bichon Frise - the wife got this in the mail - it is worth repeating...

Rainbow Bridge
Author: unknown

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.

There is only one thing missing, they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.

So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!

You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and hug him. He licks and kisses your face again and again - and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.

log2lumber

May 8, 2015
Detroit, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 2 with carbon fiber shaft and upgrades
Minelab Vanquish 540(won it!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes bring my buddies Smith & Wesson

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes bring my buddies Smith & Wesson

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

.....and is that a four-legged Smith & Wesson?

SIMON1,

He IS housebroken. We have a litterbox for him in the kitchen. The neighbors came by and freaked out because they thought we had a mountain lion for a pet!

Mike

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Litterbox ? Hope you own stock in litter Mike .:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
metal_detector.gif
Thanks for the kind words and sorry about your loss. When we lost our little Bichon Frise - the wife got this in the mail - it is worth repeating...

Rainbow Bridge
Author: unknown

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.

There is only one thing missing, they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.

So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!

You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and hug him. He licks and kisses your face again and again - and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.

Thank you VP, a day doesn't go by without me thinking of him. Funny how we take pets for granted when we were young, and now there is nothing we wouldn't do to make them as happy as they make us. When we had Simon creamated, they enclosed that same Rainbow Bridge tribute with him as well as they included his pictures on their website under Rainbow Bridge.
I hope you and your wife's new little boy lives a long and healthy life.

Patrick_Jr

Greenie
May 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....and is that a four-legged Smith & Wesson?

SIMON1,

He IS housebroken. We have a litterbox for him in the kitchen.

Mike
Capture1.JPG

This is the Litterbox I'm using at home the Litter Robot LR II that we bought at Happy Pets We have insistently tried to use its flushing competitor, but it has made our house smell due to its heating too many times. I just walk by this about once or twice a week for our 4 cats, changing the bag easily (replacing it with standard kitchen trash bags.) absolutely recommend. House smells like no cats at all now!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely gorgeous dogs.

What is the breed ? a mix perhaps ?
Looks like I see a trace of "Shiba inu".

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more people I meet...

The more I love my dogs.

If that is even possible... for I love my dogs so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread