dognose Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2009 Messages 4,563 Reaction score 13,167 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Fisher F70 Jan 1, 2019 #1 I like thebes points and have found a number over the years. This is one of my favorite points. Its an E-Notch Thebes, 2 3/4 inches long, found in Henry County Indiana. Unfortunately I don't find many of them much these days. Upvote 0
I like thebes points and have found a number over the years. This is one of my favorite points. Its an E-Notch Thebes, 2 3/4 inches long, found in Henry County Indiana. Unfortunately I don't find many of them much these days.
joshuaream Silver Member Joined Jun 25, 2009 Messages 3,174 Reaction score 4,547 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida & Hong Kong Jan 1, 2019 #2 That is a great one, the extra e on the base was a nice addition by the maker.
newnan man Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Aug 8, 2005 Messages 8,902 Reaction score 36,430 Golden Thread 0 Location Beautiful Florida Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #3 That is a great find! I've always liked the Thebes point and have seen many nice ones found in Ohio. Some are sharply beveled too.
That is a great find! I've always liked the Thebes point and have seen many nice ones found in Ohio. Some are sharply beveled too.
arrow86 Silver Member Joined May 6, 2014 Messages 3,377 Reaction score 4,083 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern Shore Maryland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #4 That’s a beautiful point , maker had some serious skills i can see why it’s your favorite
welsbury Bronze Member Joined Jan 25, 2010 Messages 1,191 Reaction score 1,949 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern oregon Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #5 Smokin piece. Love that green material too
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #6 It's a beauty! I love the color of that material.
J justonemore Sr. Member Joined Oct 31, 2011 Messages 378 Reaction score 300 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #7 Can see why you like it!
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #8 One of my favorite types as well and that one is a dandy.
Hawks88 Gold Member Joined Aug 26, 2012 Messages 7,881 Reaction score 11,846 Golden Thread 0 Location Niagara falls Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #9 Absolutely beautiful point. I can see why everyone would love one of those. Congrats
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 1, 2019 #10 Awesome artifact!!!
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,184 Reaction score 33,073 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 2, 2019 #11 I've never seen an arrowhead in my life made from that material. It looks like modern glass. Did you find it? What is the material? No offense, but I see red flags! Gary
I've never seen an arrowhead in my life made from that material. It looks like modern glass. Did you find it? What is the material? No offense, but I see red flags! Gary
welsbury Bronze Member Joined Jan 25, 2010 Messages 1,191 Reaction score 1,949 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern oregon Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 4, 2019 #12 Is that piece beveled? Sure would like to see more pics of it. Bet that made you smile when you found that!
Is that piece beveled? Sure would like to see more pics of it. Bet that made you smile when you found that!
T tnmudman Hero Member Joined Feb 12, 2017 Messages 709 Reaction score 1,537 Golden Thread 0 Location middle tennessee Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 4, 2019 #13 That is an amazing piece , that must be one of the best of that type.
Kantuckkeean Bronze Member Joined Apr 30, 2009 Messages 1,620 Reaction score 1,886 Golden Thread 0 Location Cornfield, IN Detector(s) used F-22, cheapo pinpointer Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 4, 2019 #14 It’s phenomenal. Thebes are, perhaps, my favorite type, and that one is amazing. The one that you use for your profile photo is no slouch either. Kindest regards, Kantuck
It’s phenomenal. Thebes are, perhaps, my favorite type, and that one is amazing. The one that you use for your profile photo is no slouch either. Kindest regards, Kantuck