Favorite TV shows

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Was just reading yet another thread about the "Diggers" tv show and decided that a thread about the shows we actually like might be interesting. Please don't turn it into a Diggers bashing thread. There are several of those. Do a search and post on them. This is a thread for us to discuss the likes & dislikes of all those other shows that are currently on the tube. Wandering off topic and telling folks how much you enjoyed "Rawhide" or "Wild Kingdom" may be interesting but isn't the point of this thread. Current shows only please, good or bad. I'll go first. This is basically a cut & paste of my comments on the "Diggers" thread but it's easier than typing it all again... #1 is Antiques Roadshow. Pawn Stars just to see the "stuff" people bring in. American Restoration & American Pickers for the same reason although if the "pickers" showed up here I would make that bottom feeder, cheapskate Frank wait in the van while I showed Mike around and... History Detectives, etc. I can't stomach Scott Wolter and the way he makes the things he looks at fit his story even when the facts actually prove nothing. Next episode... Proof that the Vikings landed on Mars... I try to watch hoping for an interesting episode and end up changing the channel. Moonshiners because I'm in the heart of that area and while some of the show is a little hokey it's mostly based on fact. Diggers I'm on the fence about. It's not quite as bad as "BOOM Baby" but it's running a close second. At least they generally show proper removal techniques and respect for the history a bit more than the other buffoon who would dig graves to steal Gold teeth if he could get away with it.. There are a couple others I like but I'm still on my first cup of coffee & not awake yet... Your turn..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hated "Rawhide" or "Wild Kingdom" !

of the present season on the subject of treasure Hunting shows , I like Diggers, Ice Cold Gold, Game of Stones, Criptid , Swamp People

I watched Mountain Monsters for the first time last week.
Was OK but not sure I'll be able to Stomach these guys
thinking there are Monsters all over their woods :tongue3:

"Lost Treasure Hunters" starts Tomorrow night, so :dontknow: yet

By the way is it "Lost Treasure Hunters" or "Lost Treasure Hunters" ?

Anyway I guess it's not New But will be my first time watching it
I see it's on Utube But I won't watch it there

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't watch anything but NATGEO,WILD,PAWN STARS,AMERICAN RESTORATION,PICKERS,all other comes from the internet,let me see ALL the information,I can come up with my own conclusion of what is going on in the world!
GOD Bless

Chris

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for starting this thread! I actually like Diggers despite all the negativity surrounding the show. I too have read all the hater points already, so here's what I like:

They enjoy what they do and they turn over most of what they find.

When I'm sitting on the couch it gets me a bit excited watching them dig for things.

I think it brings good attention to Metal detecting and gets people interested. It's everyone's to enjoy and I think that's a good thing.

It shows technique just a little which is good for people learning.

I think they're genuinely excited over their finds

Now, I know inevitably someone is going to try and argue/ rash the show on this thread, but please restrain yourselves - there are already threads for that.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a couple of "moonshiner s". Just to see the areas and what their equipment looks like.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chasing Classic Cars, Wheeler Dealers, many outdoor survival shows. Storage Wars ( brandi) Haven't seen the new one with barry yet, but I like him.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use ROKU---so nothing is NEW on my TV. But I did marry my Daisy Duke.

Flounder

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like "The Americans" and "Blacklist", as well as "Revolution". I love a ton of old shows, but you said the thread isn't about that so I won't comment.

hostagedk

Feb 12, 2014
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hated "Rawhide" or "Wild Kingdom" !

of the present season on the subject of treasure Hunting shows , I like Diggers, Ice Cold Gold, Game of Stones, Criptid , Swamp People

I watched Mountain Monsters for the first time last week.
Was OK but not sure I'll be able to Stomach these guys
thinking there are Monsters all over their woods :tongue3:

"Lost Treasure Hunters" starts Tomorrow night, so :dontknow: yet

By the way is it "Lost Treasure Hunters" or "Lost Treasure Hunters" ?

Anyway I guess it's not New But will be my first time watching it
I see it's on Utube But I won't watch it there

Funny you mentioned it i just seen the first episode aired on animal planet. Was wondering if you ran across the other episodes? I haven't been able to find them even online at all. If you do could you please let me know it looks pretty interesting.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just episode 2

No idea if it was canceled after that or the person posting them stoppped

?

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I watched a couple of "moonshiner s". Just to see the areas and what their equipment looks like.
This guy used to live not too far from here.. "Popcorn Sutton" Interesting story about his life and how he chose to die. Hank Williams Jr put up the money to produce his shine legally and it's for sale in the local liquor stores. I've got a jar sitting in my "medicine cabinet" along with some Old Smoky Apple Pie moonshine.. Good stuff. A couple friends in the local car club I belong to tell stories of him showing up at the factory they worked at on Fridays and selling moonshine in the parking lot out of the trunk of his car. Marvin Sutton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• wi-popcorn-608.jpg
    wi-popcorn-608.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 303888_270754732958677_767796246_n.jpg
    303888_270754732958677_767796246_n.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch diggers, counting cars, fast and loud, UFC, home reno shows, hunting, fishing shows (for when I can't get out in the field) and as many MD vids from youtube such as nugget noggin, dirt fishin' america and that British dude cracks me up sometimes. (I watch all the youtube vids about metal Detecting.). game of thrones heck I just realized I watch too much tv.

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
macgyver, airwolf, tour of duty, houston knights, and outlaws. yeah for some reason i'm stuck in 1987.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images.jpg

But it's So Fake !
Nuns don't wear hats like that

and if they do it would Fly off like a kite !!!!!! :(

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Justified, The Americans, Fast & Loud, Vikings, Diggers, American Pickers and a few others.

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuck on NCIS for some dang reason. Even the reruns. Its as addictive as this hobby. I don't like any of the "Reality TV" shows. All made up dialog and as far from reality as possible. Most of it is demeaning to the human race.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watch diggers, counting cars, fast and loud, Pickers, home renovation shows, Ghost Hunters, really any show dealing with the paranormal, Justified, Fast and loud, Chasing cars, Big Bang Theory, American Restoration, Brooklyn 99, and many MD videos on youtube. There are more but at 1 am my mind is not working so good.

hostagedk

Feb 12, 2014
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently watch to much tv as it's winter so there's really nothing else to do. Lately i've been keeping up with mostly with a ton of shows either on history/discovery/animal planet. Other shows I enjoy are Duck Dynasty, Ax men/ wicked tuna/ no man's land/the mentalist and a few others. I've recently watched that new show called Believe which was surprisingly decent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread