Feb. Totals

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Again, I'm going to ask if people will post how much they've searched in order for these numbers to be meaningful. If you searched $20K in halves to get those numbers then you didn't do very well. If you searched 1 roll of halves and found that many then you did great!

I'd like to request that anytime people post numbers that they include how many boxes/rolls they searched. Is this asking too much or do people think that they can agree to do that? I'm not trying to be difficult. But there has been a recent rash of people complaining about others who post results on other forums and even here. There is this belief that if people come here they will see how well everyone is doing and want to get into CRH'ing which creates competition. Whether you believe that or not I think it makes sense for people to post how much change they've searched so that people can judge for themselves as to how well others are doing. The reality seems to be that it takes a heck of a lot of work to get decent results and if you don't post how much change you've searched then people will be misinformed. We have people posting here that they have found over 100 silver halves in a month. That is amazing... until you take into consideration that they searched countless boxes to find it. Then it brings us back to reality. It doesn't deminish their results in the least. But it does help someone new to the hobby to understand the effort that goes into finding that much silver.

Thanks!

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, for all the whiners out there, since I didn't have to do this before. I generally search about 40 boxes, or $20,000 in halves a month. I search about $300 in cents, $600 in nickels. This past month I probably searched $2500 in dimes.
I am ready to stop posting due to all the children and trolls that have shown up the past couple of months. I guess this forum was good for as long as it lasted. When the children and trolls leave I will come back, although I will answer legit questions when they pop up, not what to ask for if I were you.
HH
Gilbert

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
enamel7 said:
Okay, for all the whiners out there, since I didn't have to do this before. I generally search about 40 boxes, or $20,000 in halves a month. I search about $300 in cents, $600 in nickels. This past month I probably searched $2500 in dimes.
I am ready to stop posting due to all the children and trolls that have shown up the past couple of months. I guess this forum was good for as long as it lasted. When the children and trolls leave I will come back, although I will answer legit questions when they pop up, not what to ask for if I were you.
HH
Gilbert

I hope you're not reffering to the me. goldencoin's post just had me thinking. If you are reffering to me, I apologize.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Congrats Enamel on your finds for the month, and thanks for posting the totals for us.

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
enamel7 said:
HH
Gilbert

Sheesh! Don't get your panties in a bunch. ::) You didn't have to do it before and you don't have to do it now if you don't feel so inclined.

But don't you think it is reasonable to post the total coins searched if you are going to post your total finds?!?! How else is anyone going to know how well you really did? I can tell everyone that I found 10 silver halves this month. But if I searched $100k in halves to find those 10 coins then I didn't do very well at all. Many people already post how much they've searched when they post their finds. And I'm grateful for that. It helps us all understand the recent trends. Posting just the finds is like telling someone you got 1000 miles to the gallon. If you don't tell them how long you averaged that level of fuel efficiency then it is completely meaningless. Perhaps you just drove your car off of a cliff which isn't saying much.

If you are going to get offended at such a simple request then I really can't help you. Perhaps you are just looking for a reason to leave. If so then that would be too bad. Because this forum appears to still have a lot of life left in it. And the whiners and trolls have just as much right to be here as you do.

Peace...

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get your panties in a bunch. Nice way to reply to someone. i just don't like someone hijacking my post (yes hijacking) because they want to demand (yes demand) things be done a certain way. You were rather pissy about it by the way. You also like to speak before doing your homework. This was my monthly total post. If you bothered to read my other posts for Feb. you would know that I usually say how much I searched (example: today's 4 boxes). So don't go all holier than thou with me.
right now we have some children (they have admitted to this by discussing when they were born to each other) that are trying to stir things up. I admit I'm not a charter member. No one has ever complained about it. But now we have other noncharter members complaining about what lurkers may see and wanting to make the forum private. The first thing I have to say is buy the Charter membership before making such request. And as usual in life we have children, well, acting like children. I think it's great for kids to get involved in coin collecting. I think others need to stand up and tell them they're going about this the wrong way.
As for trolls being welcome, do you have any idea what you are talking about? Those types go from forum to forum trying to stir up trouble. They aren't interested in the topics being discussed, just trying to stir things up. They make comments about things that everyone knows are wrong (themselves included) and them sit back and laugh. Enjoy the laughs kids. I know what you are all about. I also know that when no one will play along with you that you will simply go away. I'll wait until then and will probably then go ahead and buy the Charter membership. Maybe then the ones that are serious will ask for the forum to be "Charter members only" and you won't be able to post anymore. No apology needed or expected. Just think ahead before you become concerned with my panties in the future.
HH (to whom it actually applies)
enamel7

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading is Fundamental. Did I mention any names? Usually in life the guilty are paranoid. Prove yourselves. Read, learn and post great topics and ask difficult questions. I will be there for you. Continue to agree with people that get angry with the bank and say they are going to be getting even and I make my case. That is coming from the mouth of someone not showing responsibility. Do that and there is so much I can teach you. You just have to be willing to take it seriously.
HH
enamel7

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
enamel7 said:
Reading is Fundamental. Did I mention any names? Usually in life the guilty are paranoid. Prove yourselves. Read, learn and post great topics and ask difficult questions. I will be there for you. Continue to agree with people that get angry with the bank and say they are going to be getting even and I make my case. That is coming from the mouth of someone not showing responsibility. Do that and there is so much I can teach you. You just have to be willing to take it seriously.
HH
enamel7

I used to talk smack, but I will not be "getting even with any banks." I learned my lesson in the beginning about that. If you have the the time to get even with banks I will be happy for you. If you weren't talking about me, jd, or ratattack, who were you refferring to. I'm not trying to be rude. And don't leave Tnet. You are one of my favorite posters.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Gilbert.

I don't think it was an unreasonable request. If your posting your totals I think that at least an estimate of the volume you searched would put the totals in perspective.

That's what I got out of it.... Just sayin... And I'm not new to this board. :coffee2:

Mojo

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You beat me this month. I only searched like 2,000 in halves, and maybe 400 or500 in dimes. I did well for searching so little though.

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
enamel7 said:
Don't get your panties in a bunch. Nice way to reply to someone. i just don't like someone hijacking my post (yes hijacking) because they want to demand (yes demand) things be done a certain way. You were rather pissy about it by the way. You also like to speak before doing your homework. This was my monthly total post. If you bothered to read my other posts for Feb. you would know that I usually say how much I searched (example: today's 4 boxes). So don't go all holier than thou with me.
right now we have some children (they have admitted to this by discussing when they were born to each other) that are trying to stir things up. I admit I'm not a charter member. No one has ever complained about it. But now we have other noncharter members complaining about what lurkers may see and wanting to make the forum private. The first thing I have to say is buy the Charter membership before making such request. And as usual in life we have children, well, acting like children. I think it's great for kids to get involved in coin collecting. I think others need to stand up and tell them they're going about this the wrong way.
As for trolls being welcome, do you have any idea what you are talking about? Those types go from forum to forum trying to stir up trouble. They aren't interested in the topics being discussed, just trying to stir things up. They make comments about things that everyone knows are wrong (themselves included) and them sit back and laugh. Enjoy the laughs kids. I know what you are all about. I also know that when no one will play along with you that you will simply go away. I'll wait until then and will probably then go ahead and buy the Charter membership. Maybe then the ones that are serious will ask for the forum to be "Charter members only" and you won't be able to post anymore. No apology needed or expected. Just think ahead before you become concerned with my panties in the future.
HH (to whom it actually applies)
enamel7

Yes, you are getting your panties in a bunch. I did not demand anything. I asked. If you thought I was impolite then you misread the tone of my post which is very common for people who have a bug up their ass to begin with! You had a preconceived notion of what my tone was which led you to misinterpret it.

I'll leave you with a parting thought... Did any of you ever consider that posting how much you've search to produce said finds is in YOUR BEST INTERESTS?!? Well obviously not. When new people come in here and see that the pros are pulling in $500-$1000 worth of silver a month then they are obviously going to want to jump on board. Why wouldn't they? They have no idea what it takes to get that much silver because you aren't posting the amount of effort it took. All you are doing is glorifying the hobby which is not what the hobby needs. Now if people post the fact that you have to go through $50k worth of halves to make a $500 profit then suddenly it's a whole new ball game. Most newbies don't have the time or the capital to even begin such an endeavor.

So telling the truth and being upfront about what is going on is the single best thing you can do to keep the "newbies and trolls" out of your hobby. Otherwise, you are going to keep seeing people showing up at your banks and taking your boxes. And that includes the likes of me. I've been doing pennies to date along with the occasional customer roll of halves. But I've been contemplating buying boxes. Now that I know how little silver you guys actually pull compared to what you search I'm going to opt out and stick with my current game plan. You can thank the fact that other members have posted how much they've searched for that. It's a simple extra line in the posted results. It takes no extra time and I'm sure you have it handy. You'd think I was asking you to do your taxes with as much belly aching as you are doing. ::)

I apologize for hijacking your thread. The recent rash of comments about newbies, keeping things secret, and wanting a private forum has led me to think about the plight of the hobby. And I'm convinced that in this case "the truth shall set you free". Tell the truth. Publish what it takes to actually pull in these kinds of numbers. Otherwise, you are just baiting newbies with false hopes. And those false hopes will pull them into the hobby and temporarily make life miserable for those who enjoy searching for silver.

I'm going to go away from the forum for a while and concentrate on other things. Just like you I care about what goes on out here and the recent talk about making things private and trying to tell people not to post in today's finds has got me riled up. So much so that I'm not being nice to others. And for that I apologize.

Peace to all.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo an hijacker,
I'm sorry if I'm not conforming but again I respond with this. I was already posting the totals of what I am searching. Any daily post has the total of coin i searched. He was jumping the gun and wanting me to do what I was already doing. But no response to that part in his rebuttal.
I'm not upset about finding less silver like some folks on here seem to be. I am a collector. Some days I will find more than others. But Mojo, jb7487 had his panties in a bunch because he keeps requesting something and everyone apparently wasn't doing it. And another thing. I don't have to worry about someone taking my boxes. I have good relationships with all my banks (unlike some others that are loyal to their bank). I just wish people would read more of the post before responding.
Maybe then he wouldn't have looked so foolish.
HH
enamel7

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
enamel7 said:
Mojo an hijacker,
I'm sorry if I'm not conforming but again I respond with this. I was already posting the totals of what I am searching. Any daily post has the total of coin i searched. He was jumping the gun and wanting me to do what I was already doing. But no response to that part in his rebuttal.
I'm not upset about finding less silver like some folks on here seem to be. I am a collector. Some days I will find more than others. But Mojo, jb7487 had his panties in a bunch because he keeps requesting something and everyone apparently wasn't doing it. And another thing. I don't have to worry about someone taking my boxes. I have good relationships with all my banks (unlike some others that are loyal to their bank). I just wish people would read more of the post before responding.
Maybe then he wouldn't have looked so foolish.
HH
enamel7

Ok, this will indeed by my last post about this even though I promised I was done. I can't let this kind of ignorant response go.

1) I see no totals in your very first post. So don't give me your crap about how you were "already doing it". If you post daily totals somewhere else then that doesn't count. If a newbie comes into this thread and sees your totals without knowing how much you've searched then he is likely to get the wrong idea. He isn't going to go out searching for your other posts to try and figure out how successful you are. He's going to see high numbers and think that silver searching is easy. Also, keep in mind that you are not the only person I was talking to when I made my REQUEST. That's all it was. A request. If you don't want to honor that request then don't. So THERE is your response on your rebuttal. You did NOT post totals of your searches and assumed that having done so in the past was good enough.

2) YOU are the person who called ME a whiner. So as far as I'm concerned you are the one who has his panties in a bunch. You started the name calling and childish behavior. I have apologized for my part in this but apparently you are one of those old fools who can't possibly admit that you could be wrong. You wrongly interpreted my original request as a demand and you wrongly interpreted the tone of that post. Then you wrongly assume that since you've posted totals in the past that it should be enough. You have been wrong through and through and you have been just as nasty as I have, if not worse. And yet you fail to admit any form of guilt or apologize. Well I will be the bigger man and apologize for the way I've acted and for hijacking your thread. I thought that it was a simple request that everyone would agree would be useful. Aparently I was dead wrong. I admit that because I'm man enough to admit when I've made a mistake. JJtheRollHunter publicly apologized and admitted to making a mistake that most of us didn't even feel warranted an apology. I guess a 13 year old kid can be more of a man than you can be.

I'm done with you. I've apologized as much as I'm going to apologize. And I've explained myself. You are the one who started the name calling and got his panties in a bunch. How DARE I ask you to post some totals. Sheesh! And you are the one who looks foolish for making a big deal out of nothing at all. Try being a man and apologizing. Only then will you actually earn the respect of others.

I truly am done with this nonsense. I apologize to everyone else in this forum for my part in the recent events that have caused friction between members. I won't be back for at least a month as I am going on vacation tomorrow and I really need to get some much needed rest and relaxation. The snow has made me cranky and I don't like acting like this. I've been overdue for a vacation for quite a while. It's time to concentrate on important things like family.

Peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions