What's new

Federal Navy button date help

Chitlin

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
248
Reaction score
167
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, been so long since I've found anything cool I'd forgotten my password. Been stuck to hunting the beach only as of late and well.....not much to report.

Until Saturday after hurricane Earl swooshed around some sand I found this button, very cool beach find. I rekoned it was a union naval button from the civil war (massive yankee camp here), backmark scovill mfg co waterbury. Sorry nothing for scale but it's a cuff button I'm pretty sure. (little smaller than a dime)

Anyway, I have someone trying "pffffft" my find saying it's from 1920-1930. I sure would like to tell this person to go piss on someone elses leg, but I'm no expert so any help will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance. :hello:
 

Attachments

  • earl 037.webp
    earl 037.webp
    171 KB · Views: 295
  • earl 039.webp
    earl 039.webp
    131.5 KB · Views: 277
looks like 1860 - 1870 range the best I can tell.
 
Upvote 0
Tice's--NA233As1-------(Alberts NA 116). Navy convex 2 piece. Made during 1850's. Tices Book pages 160 and 164. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Sweet. Thanks for the input.

I've asked for Tice's book 2 Christmases in a row and haven't gotten it yet.

Maybe I'll get it for myself :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom