What's new

Federal Reserve Note $1 Error

mjm579

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
911
Reaction score
377
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad has had this note for years. I don't know much about note errors, so I thought I could consult my experts for some guidance. I put a picture of the front. The error is on the reverse. Thx in advance.
 

Attachments

  • image-4173020237.webp
    image-4173020237.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 173
  • image-3899846413.webp
    image-3899846413.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 167
  • image-1776265116.webp
    image-1776265116.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 169
Great catch !
Your bill is called an Offset Transfer--Face on Back. A note that exhibits the face design on the back will brings prices according to how bold the transfer is. A few years ago a partial of faint image transfer would have earned you $25 over face in VF or $50 in UNC. If the transfer was complete and strong, collectors were paying $200 to $500 over face in VF and UNC.

For current values, I suggest you check Ebay under "Sold Transactions" or "Completed Transactions" --not listing prices.
Don.........
 
Mackaydon said:
Great catch !
Your bill is called an Offset Transfer--Face on Back. A note that exhibits the face design on the back will brings prices according to how bold the transfer is. A few years ago a partial of faint image transfer would have earned you $25 over face in VF or $50 in UNC. If the transfer was complete and strong, collectors were paying $200 to $500 over face in VF and UNC.

For current values, I suggest you check Ebay under "Sold Transactions" or "Completed Transactions" --not listing prices.
Don.........

Thanks man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom