MetFreeman
Greenie
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello again.
Here is a detail of a third item from the collection (intro here). It looks like it should be easy, but I am lost.
It is no doubt genuine. Problem is that I am not at all able to attribute it. I have found very remote references to every aspect of it, but nothing specific at all (note that I don't have any catalogues, only what friend google has).
I haven't found anything with the same shape; nothing with this deep incision decoration technique (difficult to do, in my experience). I know nothing about such patterns :-/ No such figurine either - except in modern souvenirs that were called Mayan, so that is my best guess.
Objective observations: height a little over 6''; 3.55'' rim diameter; low fired; partly removed calcareous encrustation; a rattler in the front foot; Quite greasy from handling. Pattern - see my crude drawing.
Thank you in advance!








Here is a detail of a third item from the collection (intro here). It looks like it should be easy, but I am lost.
It is no doubt genuine. Problem is that I am not at all able to attribute it. I have found very remote references to every aspect of it, but nothing specific at all (note that I don't have any catalogues, only what friend google has).
I haven't found anything with the same shape; nothing with this deep incision decoration technique (difficult to do, in my experience). I know nothing about such patterns :-/ No such figurine either - except in modern souvenirs that were called Mayan, so that is my best guess.
Objective observations: height a little over 6''; 3.55'' rim diameter; low fired; partly removed calcareous encrustation; a rattler in the front foot; Quite greasy from handling. Pattern - see my crude drawing.
Thank you in advance!















