What's new

Feels like it ended before it really got started

Iron Patch

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
19,276
Reaction score
8,953
Golden Thread
3
Location
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow on the ground now and temps will be around freezing the next week, so it could go either way at this point. The last two years I hunted on a beautiful Christmas day, but hard enough to see next week never mind Dec. 25th. I did get enough digs in this Fall to be content, but nothing too great so it really does feel like there should be more time than there actually is left.... but there's no guarantees in this business!

Results from my last two outings, minus all the odds and ends. 5 large coppers including a George III Halfpenny (1770-1775) and a Conder token (1790s). Two late 1700s Navy buttons and a mid. 1800s designed button. I've had better days, but I've also had far worse... and there's a place for all these in my collection so I'll take it! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • r1.webp
    r1.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 160
  • r2.webp
    r2.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 54
Nice buttons, and the conder looks like a different one.

Yep snow on the ground here too.

"there should be more time than there actually is left.... but there's no guarantees"

Sad, but true. Time is a precious resource, like the trinkets we dig up...it runs out on us.
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Excellent way to end things. In afraid a similar fair awaits New Jersey soon. Anyway, that condor token and button are outstanding bud!
 
IP, we feel your pain as far as the weather goes. These are great finds! We especially love the button with its gorgeous leaf design! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Those are some great finds.
 
Im hoping for another crack at something over the top; but I'm not holding my breath
Next time it will be one hunt to make a post!
 
Very nice buttons,
If I get 20 degree overnight temperatures, for 3 nights straight, as well as the Temps staying below 32 degrees during the day, well then it's over.
Congrats on getting in a hunt.
 
No snow on the ground here IP :tongue3: nice group of finds :icon_thumright:
 
Really nice old finds! Congrats and HH
 
Nice little finds there on your last couple of hunts...like you said, looks like we may be done...then again who knows...
 
I would be happy with those finds :icon_thumleft:
 
Copper's, tokens and a couple early Navy buttons.... Awesome job on those last two trips out. I hope you can catch a break and get some holiday hunting in man.

Abe is on vacation for the next week or so, so he's probably not seeing this.... but if I remember correctly, this is a double or nothing year for him with your guy's high stakes, $1 bet. :laughing7: As the year winds down I'll be looking forward to some recaps between you two. :happy1:
 
Solid finds IP, always nice to come home with buttons and old coppers. Hopefully you'll get out again. I was wrestling my snowblower through two foot drifts tonight so obviously I'm done until spring.
 
Very nice finds, high of 55 today in south Jersey, I might be in a mud fest but I'm not complaining. Your history is evident from your finds in Dirtyville, and from as long as I suspect you have been at this, I suspect there will be plenty left in the future. Congrats, it ain't over until the fat lady sings, GL
 
Congratualtions on the very nice coins and relics! :occasion14:

I hope you get a week or two before the deep freeze!
 
Nice digs IP:hello:

By the title of your post i thought you were gonna tell us about your recent intimate encounter.......

~Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom