What's new

Felt Like Old Times......

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a way............

Today I picked up my 4 boxes and noticed a few silvers through the holes in the top of the box on one. I flipped it and opened the box which showed 5-6 silver on that side. I thought FINALLY....this is going to be a good box!!!!!!

Well.....it was. It yielded a total of 95 silver from this one box!!! Some rolls holding 5 silver coins. It has been a VERY long time since I have seen a box like this. These are the kind of boxes I got when I first started CRH'ing early last year....so it kinda felt like "old times". I hated to open the last roll.....I didn't want it to end...........

I have to mention the other three boxes as well which have been typical of my boxes lately......
Box #2 - Skunk
Box #3 - Skunk
Box #4 - 2 40%

All in all.....I am excited to say the least......

The friend I got involved in this hobby picked up boxes today too......those yielded 32 silvers......from the same batch as these. The reason I know this is because these coins were very dirty...dark.....blackened like a good Cajun dish....ha! The box those 32 came from were in the same condition as the box I pulled the silver from. They were also dated the same.

Great way to end the month!!!

The totals.......
7-64's
6-65's
6-66's
29-67's
33-68's
15-69's
1-Franklin 63-D

97 Keepers
 

Attachments

  • P3270021.webp
    P3270021.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0
Damn LJ, that was one hell of a box to say the least .... a wicked pile of keepers and congrats to your friend too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
You know LJ whenever I see your displays it reminds me of a skyline in a big city. We have what they call the Renaissance center here in Detroit and it's a 80 story cylinder shaped hotel surrounded by 4 40 story octagonal office towers and than 2 smaller office towers to the east. The complex is now the home of General Motors World Headquarters.

I'm thinking you are subconsciously planning a hotel resort in Miami with all your Silver finds. Possibility's abound........LOL ......... I suppose we'd have to pay in silver to stay there.......

Congrats.

Mojo
 
I just dont get it LJ, I dont understand? You are my hero! Can I have you autograph one of my coins
 
Way to go girl. So what was the date on the boxes?

The ones I got in Tarrytown were March 28, 2008

Cat
 
A great box, especially considering what I have been reading on this site. Congrats....
 
Thanks all......like I said....I hated to see the last roll of that box.......all good things come to an end........

Cat J said:
Way to go girl. So what was the date on the boxes?

The ones I got in Tarrytown were March 28, 2008

Cat

The good box was dated April 18th 2008
#2 - April 18th 2008 - skunk
#3 - Undated - skunk
#4 - April 9th 2008 - 2 40%
 
"hated to see the last roll" ... that's an apt description of the feeling, LJ. I got one like that a few weeks back. When you see 6+ silvers showing it is tough not ripping through the box on the spot. Glad to hear about it!

Brian
 
Very nice LJ. Funny, I haven't seen too many Walkers found lately. I used to find them quite often myself but none in the last few months. Again, that was a great box!
 
Jsayre1234 said:
I just dont get it LJ, I dont understand? You are my hero! Can I have you autograph one of my coins


Oh no please dont get her started , see already tries to hoodwind the newbies for 5% for her LJSF and if she starts to sign autographjs she will try to take 10%....
 
Way to go-
haven't seen any boxes like that in months!!!
Congrats!
 
TXTim said:
haven't seen any boxes like that in months!!!

Neither have I.....this was the first in a very long time Tim. Thanks.

packerbacker said:
Very nice LJ. Funny, I haven't seen too many Walkers found lately. I used to find them quite often myself but none in the last few months. Again, that was a great box!

Thanks PB. It has been awhile since I have found a Walker also. Every once in a while I go to my stash to look at one so I can remember what they look like.....ha!

Scalper said:
Jsayre1234 said:
I just dont get it LJ, I dont understand? You are my hero! Can I have you autograph one of my coins


Oh no please dont get her started , see already tries to hoodwind the newbies for 5% for her LJSF and if she starts to sign autographjs she will try to take 10%....

Your too funny Ed!!

BTW - They must be putting the wrong zip code on the envelope or something.......

I don't recall getting your 5% donation........you know the LJ Silver Fund Foundation is a very important cause Ed......if you don't send it soon, you might have to pay the late fee.......better send soon!
 
Oh no please dont get her started , see already tries to hoodwind the newbies for 5% for her LJSF and if she starts to sign autographjs she will try to take 10%....
[/quote]

Your too funny Ed!!

BTW - They must be putting the wrong zip code on the envelope or something.......

I don't recall getting your 5% donation........you know the LJ Silver Fund Foundation is a very important cause Ed......if you don't send it soon, you might have to pay the late fee.......better send soon!



[/quote]





Oh please no Miss LJ not the penalty fees again , oh I promise I will send you the coins but please please dont man-whore me out to those big ole tobacco chewing women again ....I cant take it anymore ....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom