Few buttons and a neat played early wheatie

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver finds have been a little sparse as my go-to sites have slowly dried up. I've been more inclined to stick with them hoping for something I've missed rather than seeking out and learning new sites. Did nab these three buttons. I don't think the third one is that old. Any thoughts on id's?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

And this damn thing fooled me. Thought it was a silver dime. Turns out to be a plated 1909 wheat. Kind of cool though

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6
That 1909 wheat is cool. Nice to see you post again Murray. :thumbsup:

Congrats on your 1909 wheatie & buttons finds - thank you for sharing your pictures with us. Wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

First button is a common British Army Service Corp, like your Great Seal button(2nd Button), used in that format (Lion on top small Crown) since 1902 until present (I think), if not some time after WWII.

Last one is Civvy blazer button - modern.

Congratz! That penny looks like a VDB to me.

Congratulations! Nice finds.

Keep swinging my friends!

The '09 wheatie is really a cool find!

Hi; Look a bit closer at the wheatie. I believe I can see the VDB on the Reverse at the very bottom. If it was plated then who ever did it toasted a valuable good coin. SHAME on them. Nice finds. PEACE:RONB

Nice buttons! I really like the first one and it's a shame that second one is cut in half. I'm not sure about the third, hopefully someone can chime in with some information on it congrats and happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back