What's new

Few days on Cape Cod - with good results

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barely had much time to unpack from Jamaica trip
My parents rented a cottage on the Cape for the week - my father was supposed to go on fishing trip with Whydah
but due to conditions - it was canceled - they gave me a call and said they were just hanging out and if I wanted
to come down for a few nights - there was plenty of room - so I went down
Right after Labor Day- beachs for the most part close down - the gates are left open - you don't have to pay to park
locals usually hammer every beach in sight - I know guys that take their vacations that week just to hunt nonstop
and the retirees are out there every day anyways - I brought my new hooka system out to test and planned on taking advantage
of the full moon negative tides with my mask & snorkel. I ended up hitting 4 beaches - here are the results
4 old gold rings - 1964 class ring - 1957 class ring - 1952 class ring - antique gold ring with red stone
2 silver rings - 5 silver religious medals
1 silver half - 14 silver quarters (3 stand.lib., 1 Barber) - 10 silver dimes (5 mercs, 5 sil.Roos.)
and 6 Buffalo nickles
all water finds
Beach 1
sepcap1.webp
sepcap2.webp
sepcap3.webp
Beach 2 - sil.relig.medal - 2 sil. Wash.quart.
sepcap4.webp
sepcap5.webp
Beach 3 - hooka test site - out up to around 10 feet down at low tide (thin ring is silver)
sepcap6.webp
Beach 4 - Found an area way out at negative low tide - hit it at AM low and then PM low (will definitely be going back here)
All these spots get hammered - but as far as I know - Im the only one getting out there with mask & snorkel
From chest on in here - its a ghost town - all the recent drops are gone - but out in no mans land - seemed practically virgin
sepcap7.webp
sepcap10.webp
sepcap8.webp
sepcap9.webp
IT WAS FUN!!!
 
Upvote 0
You are the Ring Magnet !
 
Amazing!!! :wav:

Lorraine
 
WTG WOW congrats Casper you the man very nice hunt....
 
You crush it. Like hearing about the strategic way you hunt. Freakin awsome hunt

sponge using smoke signals.
 
You crush it. Like hearing about the strategic way you hunt. Freakin awsome hunt sponge using smoke signals.
You to can crush it like Casper for only 3 easy payments..... I would personally have a hard time solo in the pm in the water, little fish nibbling on me gives me the willies lol, but I'm glad I can bear witness to some who is.

powered by pull tabs
 
You killed it again! Congrats!!!
 
Casper, you are the man. Nice finds as usual. How did you like your hook? Any pictures of it.
 
Wow!!!!! That's unreal! Simply amazing! What detector do you use?
 
Did you clean it out or scratch the surface ?
IN ONE OF THE PICS - YOU WILL SEE WHAT ARE OLD SHIP NAILS - I THINK 1 OR 2 BOATS SANK HERE
AND ONE BURNT AND SANK - I FIND MOLTEN PIECES OF LEAD AND OTHER METALS - OUT IN THE HOT SPOT
THERE ARE SOME HUGE IRON PIECES - UP TO ENGINE SIZE AND THERE IS A LOT OF SLAG - WONDER IF IT WAS BALAST
WHERE I GOT ALOT OF THE SILVER COINS WAS AN AREA LIKE 20 YRDS BY 20 - I BELIEVE THERE MIGHT HAVE BEEN A SWIM PLATFORM
OUT THERE MAYBE - I THINK THERE IS MORE OUT THERE - AND I WILL RETURN TO THAT SPOT NEXT TRIP OUT THAT WAY IF TIDES AND WEATHER ALLOW IT - IT WOULD BE A TOUGH SPOT TO HIT WITH THE HOOKAH (WHICH SINCE i NOW HAVE PEOPLE ARE RECOMMENDING I USE IT THERE)
CAUSE ALOT OF THE STUFF IS DOWN DEEP - i HAD TO GO STRAIGHT DOWN A FEW TIMES WITH LARGE SCOOP TO PULL SOME OF THE FAINT SILVER UP - VERY SOFT SAND IN MOST SPOTS -- WITH HOOKAH iD BE THERE AWHILE TRYING TO RETRIEVE EACH TARGET
AT ABSOLUTE LOW TIDE - IM ABOUT CHIN DEEP AND IM LIMITED TO TIME IN THE HONEY HOLE WITH MY MASK AND SNORKEL
BUT I'LL KEEP AT IT WHEN I GET THE CHANCE
 
Last edited:
Real nice work and amazing results...like what you said it being virgin area, past where all could detect...:thumbsup:
 
Wholly Crap Casper!!! You had a great hunt!! Hope I can say Crap in this forum
 
Wholly Crap Casper!!! You had a great hunt!! Hope I can say Crap in this forum
you can only say it once - you said it twice - think youre in trouble :tongue3:
 
I'm beginning to think that you are one tenacious water hunter, Casper. Some day I hope to be as successful as you. Well done!
 
I'm beginning to think that you are one tenacious water hunter, Casper. Some day I hope to be as successful as you. Well done!

My problem is getting to the water - I have many fresh water spots - but have many fresh water hunters-
nearest salt water spots are like 2+ hrs away in CT,,R.I.,,and the Cape
I have a few health issues that keep me from getting out too - once I get there - I try to make the most of it though
 
My problem is getting to the water - I have many fresh water spots - but have many fresh water hunters-
nearest salt water spots are like 2+ hrs away in CT,,R.I.,,and the Cape
I have a few health issues that keep me from getting out too - once I get there - I try to make the most of it though

Casper I always feel blessed when I get to the beach in under 5 min. When a hurricane is coming its a different story.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
You bet EVERYONE was on the beach after Labor Day. I did my best to clean all the beaches before they got here, but I only succeeded in cleaning them out for my post Labor Day hunt. I counted 12 detectorists IN the water at one beach and many many dig holes. If my memory is correct, there was only one beach were I did not see another detectorist. I met detectorist from all over New England, New Jersey and California as well as the locals in the water. In 130 hours a group I was with did not find a single gold ring, I heard the group of some 10 odd detectorists had only 3 gold between all of them. You did well with your plan of attack.

I thank you for taking your share of trash out of the water, even though I have had days when a piece of trash would have been a welcome target. If I should find the engine block, I will leave your hot spot area - you deserve the chance to return to it. HH until we get together for another hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom