Few Eldorado questions

Wraytex

Apr 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Hi I've run my silver umax for about 2 years, and run an at pro just long enough to decide that I'm preferential to Tesoros, (better part of a year). I bought a used Eldorado (plastic) about two weeks ago and am just getting into it. From what I can tell the discrimination is excellent, I've found a few nickels that dropped out exactly at the proper spot on the dial an tonight I found one of the late model quarter sized dollars dad lost in their yard. The GB'ing is pretty straightforward and no surprises there. Deepest coin so far has been about three inches but that's due to limited time on it so far. I tend to hunt with the silver umax with the disc just above iron and play with that setting as I hit targets, and that's what I'm doing with the El so far. What kind of depth can I expect with this machine running the stock 9x8 white spoked coil? Thanks, Tim

lateral line

Greenie
Oct 7, 2011
Elk Grove, CA.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro " Elderado"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tim, It's nice to see someone else on here swinging an Elderado. I have had mine for about 12 years and ablsolutely love it. The dicrim is very accurate, recovery time is fast, and I have found coins down to 9" in bark play lots, and 8" in dirt and grass. The Elderado does not have the bells & whistles of other machines, but once one learnd what it is trying to say, I think you will be very happy with a good, reliable machine that is simple to use and does what it was designed to do.

I dont have much experience in wet beaches and salt water with it. Dry sand it vaccuumes up all the coins and jewrlry you could ask for.

Attachments

• DSCN1023.JPG
    DSCN1023.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 688
OP
OP
W

Wraytex

Apr 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Thanks for the reply LL, I guess there aren't too many of these getting much use on the boards these days. I'll do most of my detecting about 70 miles east of San Antonio. Gonzales is the oldest Anglo settlement west of the Colorado River.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread