What's new

Few finds last week

fongu

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
879
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for about 3 hours last week and didn't find much, but really enjoyed myself. I scanned these finds and they may not show too good, but here they are. Done wonders for my head getting out, but the spot I've been wanting to go to just ain't happening. Every time I make plans, something comes up or Mama's sick. Maybe tomorrow. HH.
River scan Sept 2.webp

2 pieces of junk metal, chain link, 9 coins and 1 medium ear ring and 1 small ear ring and some small bead of copper or brass that I couldn't have recovered without my scoop mods with the hardware cloth. 3-25c, 3-5c and 3-1 cents. I think the ear rings are junk, but it always excites me to see jewelry in the scoop. Medium at 6 inches and small one at 4 inches and sounded like gold due to it's small size. Around 40 on the dvi. Neither one of them are sterling silver and one has some rust where it's plated.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You had a great time, don't get any better then that! And a nice haul of treasures.:thumbsup:
 
Good hunt there, fongu.:thumbsup:

Two of those earrings ( the larger one and the smaller one to its left look to maybe be silver ...maybe you could dip them in Tarn-X and see if the tarnish comes off...could be a surprise there.

Lorraine
 
I get excited too when I see the jewelry in scoop. Yea it might be fake but for a minute it was yea buddy.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Sponge, I always get excited when jewelry is in the scoop and Lorraine I will check them out to be sure. Thanks OBN. I had all my gear except my At/Pro packed up last night and was ready to head out at 7:30 am this morning, but Mama isn't feeling well. Made some small repairs to my sifter later this afternoon and came to the public library with my home internet not working, but I have to make our church prayer list at the library anyway. Maybe Friday or Saturday, but bow season starts this Saturday so walking thru the wooded area to the stream I want to detect, I will be wearing hunter orange. I also fixed a waterproof box to carry with me for emergencies and put some paracord on it with a carabiner to hook onto my finds pouch or sifter loops. I start 8 weeks of physical therapy next Wednesday, 3 times per week and that's going to get me in shape to take my certification dive in November. So, I may not get to do much dirt fishing after this weekend for awhile. GL & HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom