What's new

Few finds to make it worth while, another Military button

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,252
Reaction score
207,178
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It has been a week or so since I got out for a hunt and there was plans of getting it done yesterday but the day was blustery with a NW wind so I opted for a hunt today. Before I realized it was 1pm already and out the door I went. I stopped in a field beside a stone house and managed to get a few targets just hot spotting. The farmer was looking for some old tiller parts and he gave me the outlying how to get to the other fields on his 900 acre farm. Most of its in hay fields bordering a river and onto a lake so the potential for hunts is good. He explained the family had sold off the land across the road, gee happens to be another old permission already. So I started off with the buckle, then the square filigree piece.

When I first dug this sobering find out I thought it was military-then Mason related-turned out to be a Temperance Fob.

IMG_20161204_143351926.webpIMG_20161204_175956319.webp

Dug the bell which was cracked and fell apart on the other side, so I didn't even clean it up yet.
IMG_20161204_140648596.webp


I decided to end the short afternoon at the proven little site around the corner. It's produced 7 Military buttons so far, 3 tokens, Agent Tag, and a bunch of other do-dads.

Today I managed to get a button that I could read at least "Royal Regt. Of Artillery". Must be the fact it was on the edge of a rock incline above where the other buttons were found and not dumped on by cows for the past 200 years.

IMG_20161204_152555227.webpIMG_20161204_183523714_HDR.webpIMG_20161204_183557503.webp

Good day out for 3.5hrs got a couple of keepers for the hunt.

IMG_20161204_183638184.webp
 
Upvote 34
Sweet button pepperj! Great hunt man.

Military and fancy buttons are pretty hard to come by around the homesteads in my area. 25 miles from the 1812 transportation corridor makes for slim picking, so getting 7 military between two of us from one site is a huge bonus.

Congratulations on the relic hunt! :occasion14:

Thanks Professor
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom