What's new

Few hunts 2cent piece

xGregx

Full Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Heres a few pics of some of the good finds i have had this summer so far...
 

Attachments

  • 2 cent back.webp
    2 cent back.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 1867 2 cent.webp
    1867 2 cent.webp
    71.3 KB · Views: 323
this one is alot thicker then my other IH's
 

Attachments

  • 1859 ih.webp
    1859 ih.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 321
Some more :)
 

Attachments

  • group.webp
    group.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 320
Where's the V nickle?


You've found many coins that still elude me and my grubby dirt diggin' hands!
 
the v is the reddish coin next to the 2 cent
 
I thought so but wasn't 100% ...when did ya find it? So I guess you can now cross it off the list?
 
xGregx said:
the v is the reddish coin next to the 2 cent

Greg, you forgot,

She's not used to V Nickles looking so rough after finding that 1911 at Merrifield.
Talk about being spoiled. :tongue3:
 
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
xGregx said:
the v is the reddish coin next to the 2 cent

Greg, you forgot,

She's not used to V Nickles looking so rough after finding that 1911 at Merrifield.
Talk about being spoiled. :tongue3:

I'm just a bit pissy because it's a year younger than mine. Ok, there, I said it.
 
vibes said:
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
xGregx said:
the v is the reddish coin next to the 2 cent

Greg, you forgot,

She's not used to V Nickles looking so rough after finding that 1911 at Merrifield.
Talk about being spoiled. :tongue3:

I'm just a bit pissy because it's a year younger than mine. Ok, there, I said it.

LOL
 
Nice ones Gregg, what did that 2 center sound like and read like? That has to be one of my all time favorite coins but it still eludes me...Maybe I am missing some of them for some reason..Nice ones all the way around. jgas
 
Great finds, Gregg. :thumbsup: Looks like you have been busy diggin. If the heat wave here ever stops I'll get out and open up some holes too. Seeing all the good stuff posted on here lately is making me wish I were out.

jgas said:
Nice ones Gregg, what did that 2 center sound like and read like? That has to be one of my all time favorite coins but it still eludes me...Maybe I am missing some of them for some reason..Nice ones all the way around. jgas

jgas,

If you get over a 2c piece, you will know it. I have seen 3 recovered (one of them by myself) in the past year and a half. But this is because the average age of the sites I hunt is 150 years old. I don't bother with parks. I don't hunt tot lots or modern spots. I don't dig sites that are full of barber coinage. For example, there have been only 3 barbers dug in the same amount of time by myself or any of my buddies, while we have found over a dozen seated coins.

So I guess my point is, it's all in the types of sites you consistently hunt. If you hunt only mid-1800s sites or earlier, then you will find your 2c piece in no time at all. They are very easy to hear--they sound good, unlike the 3c nickels do. :)


Regards,



Buckles
 
The 2 cent hit real hard at about 6inchs on the etrac it came up as a 12-43 solid every direction, I actually thought it was a quarter at first because of the way it hit. it was laying flat in the hole.
 
congrats some nice looking old coins there for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom