106.4 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice. Is that blade, palm wood in the centre top, top frame Atlantis?
Thanks for sharin'

Molly..

OP
OP
A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Yep its palm wood....not as good of quality as some points I have. You can see the pores in the wood well in that piece. I wish I could find more palm wood pieces, I am kinda on the fringe of the range...most are a little further south than me...along the lower central part of Louisiana, Leesville area. Still they do crop up and some nice ones...all over the toledo bend area.

Atlantis

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful frames, Atlantis!
That blue background really brings out the different materials/colors.
The palm wood piece is my favorite---wish we could find something made of that up here in Okla.
kind regards,
sandcreek

NICE batch of artifacts there Atlantis. Looks like some of the Central Texas flint made its way to Louisiana from the looks of some of those points.
I'd say that one IS a Hardin point. I know thats a lil south of the normal range, but lately, Dovetails have been turning up out here associated with Scottsbluff points, and I know of a few Hardins that have been found around here.
Thanks for the show.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Sandcreek. It's very unusual material. I only have a few peices/points made from Palm wood.
Thanks for answering my question Atlantis.

molly.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Excellent, gentlemen...I have got to get to hobby lobby, for some framing material. Most of mine are in baggies, except for a few I treat with kid gloves.

BW

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
You're "blunt Dalton" looks like a Kisatchie. Does the "small Hardin" have a well ground base? Perhaps a Wilson? Very nice finds guy, per usual.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:notworthy: :notworthy:
:notworthy:
Very nice artifacts. What a show. Thanks for sharing them.
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Display is easy to do. Get you some frames...garage sales are a good source for them. Go to the local glass place and get some glass cut to fit the frames. Take a piece of paneling or even cardboard and cover it with the background color of your choice. I used a blue metallic paper. Insert the glass and then put the color board and seal. You can then attach your points to the glass. I used a small amount of hot glue. This will allow you to remove them later if you wish. Never use an epoxy glue to fix your points to a board or glass as you risk breaking the points when you remove them. As a general rule, I dont put my best or most delicate points on boards. They get the special treatment...lol

Atlantis

OP
OP
A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Right on the money again Matt. I am sure the blunt is a Kisatchie. They did make it blunt on purpose...well rounded and humped at the terminal end for extra strength. I liked the material too. the Hardin had ground base and stem sides. I am unfamiliar with a Wilson, you may be on the money there too.

I really like the Dalton Kisatchie variant. I call them "sharktooth" daltons. They are very neat little points and normally well made. Pretty rare to find here as well. Here are a couple of pics of some daltons. The first three points on the bottom row are Kisatchie....the other photo is a Kisatchie I found year before last. It was sort of odd due to the secondary "arch" chipped into the base. Normally they just have a concave arch in the base.

Lots of rain and lots of new pipelines to check out here, but the down side is it deer season...a dangerous time in the woods whether you have antlers or not. ::)

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Attachments

• Dalton.jpg
    Dalton.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Daltons1.jpg
    Daltons1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 170
  • Dalton.jpg
    Dalton.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 159