What's new

Few recent finds.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I have not had much spare time lately. Hunting artifacts has been put on the back burner and when I do get out, I have not had time to post. Here are a few of my better finds. Twitch and his oldest son went with me one day. A couple of these finds were found that day.

image-2362440020.webp



image-4186711562.webp



image-451047704.webp



image-4019940744.webp



image-377142375.webp



image-2523013578.webp

Not sure what the last piece is, if anything. Here are some found another day.

image-1342030100.webp



image-1679410619.webp



image-598952855.webp



image-2735093994.webp



image-1302355543.webp



image-1347940745.webp



image-2335687303.webp



image-3892338345.webp



image-3322045558.webp



image-2093822455.webp



image-2971164822.webp



image-965846251.webp



image-4022645409.webp



image-1610010762.webp



image-1086894079.webp



image-3746293002.webp



image-198372562.webp

Now a fossil and some things that I have no clue about what they are.

image-449779224.webp



image-787041198.webp



image-4154414101.webp



image-2591015947.webp



image-1982164217.webp



image-783951932.webp



image-3699300064.webp

Hope you enjoy!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds and some nice work on some of those.
Quality material for your area.
That point turned drill is cool.
That fossil is a trilobite.. many million years old.. and the last two might be net weights.
 
image #6 could possibly be a percussion flaking stone or reduction flaking tool?
 
Nice hunting. Thanks for sharing!
 
yes indeed great finds
 
Nice finds and some nice work on some of those.
Quality material for your area.
That point turned drill is cool.
That fossil is a trilobite.. many million years old.. and the last two might be net weights.

That is the 2nd of those fossils I've found. The two last pieces show signs of rubbing in one direction. My pics didn't show the wear very well. Could they be awls?? I'm thinking too light for sinkers, but they were water finds. The little odd piece before the fossil is clay, I'm pretty sure. It absorbs water. Not sure if its anything. Thanks all for the replys!
 
image #6 could possibly be a percussion flaking stone or reduction flaking tool?

Nice hunting Rusty.. I think that's a good call on that piece.
I've never found a trilobite cool find for sure.
 
Nice hunting Rusty.. I think that's a good call on that piece.
I've never found a trilobite cool find for sure.

A trilobite. What is that? I'm guessing I have one, but only by luck. Lol!
 
Nice finds and some nice work on some of those.
Quality material for your area.
That point turned drill is cool.
That fossil is a trilobite.. many million years old.. and the last two might be net weights.

A very old fossil.
Look them up.
 
Great stuff my friend !!!!
 
Would love to find a trilobite! Nice finds :)

I didn't know how old this thing was until Gator told me. I have found 2 of them on the same stretch of water. I also found a paleo point on the same stretch. It's been a year or so back. I rarely catch the water level right to hunt this spot. I have to beach my boat and walk a long pretty good distance.
 
Those trilobites can get very large. I have a pic of one on the wall of an ancient shelter. It is like two feet. I have a pic somewhere. Nice array of worked artifacts :thumbsup:
 
Here it is..

DCP_1834 01-04-48.webp

DCP_1835 01-04-48.webp

For size ref :hello:
 
Nice finds! You have a great place to hunt.
 
Awesome pics thanks for view !!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom