What's new

Few small finds

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Time to hunt has been rather limited lately. Between work and trying to bring the metal flake on my boat back to life, I've been busy. Here are a few recent pieces though. A purple guilford Yuma with a missing tip is the best recent find.

image-244000453.webp



image-3129705547.webp



image-1010644030.webp



image-1999747419.webp

I think this core is chert. A rare lithic here. Am I correct in calling it chert?

image-3697556380.webp



image-2422679078.webp

A few more finds

image-2414361322.webp



image-4003755659.webp



image-89431006.webp



image-1573036005.webp



image-3969412440.webp



image-910817550.webp



image-1245337562.webp



image-2471006773.webp



image-380375767.webp



image-381836369.webp



image-14877943.webp



image-826666068.webp

Slip pickings. I just wanted to let you guys know I'm still looking for my place in the museum.
 
Upvote 0
not bad for slip pickings
 
Shame about that Guilford.
Yep..looks like chert.
 
Always like those Yuma Guilfords and that would have been a real nice one. Hope ya can piece it back someday soon.
 
Always like those Yuma Guilfords and that would have been a real nice one. Hope ya can piece it back someday soon.

Yumas are my favorite guilford variant. They seem to be the one most frequently found here. Rarely find a round base.
 
Nice Guilford Rusty! Looks like a recent break too. Get out there and find the other half.
 
You have times that pickings are slim:BangHead:, but that just means a good find is around the corner:occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom