Michiganne
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2007
- Messages
- 4,403
- Reaction score
- 551
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- Explorer SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi Michiganders,
I got out for a hunt Sunday to a harvested soybean field, former home site. I've been overdue for something good so was determined to hunt until I found something that made me really happy. (found my first Canadian LC at this site last year in the corn stubble) Started out with a nice rein terret that made me happy. Next a couple buttons, still just happy.
After a few hours got a good signal and popped out a silver disc that didn't look like a coin. Gently removing some dirt, I could make out an initial on it with a decorative border. It reminded me of a love token but it still looked like a button since it didn't appear flat.
On the reverse I eventually cleaned it enough to see Lady Liberty sitting down. My first love token...now I was extremely happy!
This one wasn't on the wish list yet, maybe the "dream list." The quarter is an 1856 and it appears the token was once part of a brooch. It's had a few hits from the plow but I'm not complaining.
I'll be gridding this site more for sure. I also decided I like soybean stubble MUCH better than corn stubble.
Gotta love the fields.
You don't always find a lot but when you do it can be worthwhile.
HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne
p.s. Included a pic from a previous hunt a week earlier at the same field, different site....found my first clay marble which I thought was cool.
I got out for a hunt Sunday to a harvested soybean field, former home site. I've been overdue for something good so was determined to hunt until I found something that made me really happy. (found my first Canadian LC at this site last year in the corn stubble) Started out with a nice rein terret that made me happy. Next a couple buttons, still just happy.

After a few hours got a good signal and popped out a silver disc that didn't look like a coin. Gently removing some dirt, I could make out an initial on it with a decorative border. It reminded me of a love token but it still looked like a button since it didn't appear flat.
This one wasn't on the wish list yet, maybe the "dream list." The quarter is an 1856 and it appears the token was once part of a brooch. It's had a few hits from the plow but I'm not complaining. I'll be gridding this site more for sure. I also decided I like soybean stubble MUCH better than corn stubble.

Gotta love the fields.
You don't always find a lot but when you do it can be worthwhile. HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne
p.s. Included a pic from a previous hunt a week earlier at the same field, different site....found my first clay marble which I thought was cool.

Attachments
Last edited:

usually translated to lost track of time. you find the sweetest keepers out there WTG seated quarter love token!!! 








