Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Michiganders,
I got out for a hunt Sunday to a harvested soybean field, former home site. I've been overdue for something good so was determined to hunt until I found something that made me really happy. (found my first Canadian LC at this site last year in the corn stubble) Started out with a nice rein terret that made me happy. Next a couple buttons, still just happy. ::)

After a few hours got a good signal and popped out a silver disc that didn't look like a coin. Gently removing some dirt, I could make out an initial on it with a decorative border. It reminded me of a love token but it still looked like a button since it didn't appear flat. :icon_scratch: On the reverse I eventually cleaned it enough to see Lady Liberty sitting down. My first love token...now I was extremely happy! :headbang: This one wasn't on the wish list yet, maybe the "dream list." The quarter is an 1856 and it appears the token was once part of a brooch. It's had a few hits from the plow but I'm not complaining.

I'll be gridding this site more for sure. I also decided I like soybean stubble MUCH better than corn stubble. :laughing7:

Gotta love the fields. :happy3: You don't always find a lot but when you do it can be worthwhile.

HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne
p.s. Included a pic from a previous hunt a week earlier at the same field, different site....found my first clay marble which I thought was cool. :)

Attachments

• P1220049comp.jpg
    P1220049comp.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 83
  • P1220051comp.jpg
    P1220051comp.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 140
  • P1220063comp.jpg
    P1220063comp.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 76
  • P1220080comp.jpg
    P1220080comp.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 80
  • P1220082comp.jpg
    P1220082comp.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 145
  • P1220056comp.jpg
    P1220056comp.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 84
  • P1210976comp.jpg
    P1210976comp.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Awesome bunch of finds Anne!! Love the Seated quarter - still on my wish list. The token/brooch is really cool too! Congrats on some very cool field finds :hello2:

Anne, I'm so excited for you! That love token is awesome. You're right about it not being on any wish list-maybe I'll have to put it on the "dream" list:) Interesting items you came across, I like the jack knife-sure looks swollen. Bet thats been in the ground for awhile. Glad you got the opportunity to get out again and this weekend looks a little warmer than lately so get back there and show us another find that makes you extremely happy. :icon_thumright:

Congratulations on an awesome find! That's why I love this hobby, sweet piece of history...if only they would speak.
was determined to hunt until I found something that made me really happy. :laughing7: same thing that has caused me to be home late a couple times ;D usually translated to lost track of time. you find the sweetest keepers out there WTG seated quarter love token!!! :wav:

WOOT WOOT! I knew ya found it, and thought all along it was a dime. Quarter is even better! :headbang: wav

The finds you mentioned are great! Congrats. The finds you didn't mention are really good too. Glad you got out. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, but this working on the house is getting old. Take advantage of the good weather and keep diggin'. GOD bless.

Wow what a fantastic find you got there Anne :thumbsup: I hear you on the dream list and I'm sure that find caught you off guard :D

Nice finds and glad you found somthing that made your day , I know a couple of them would have made mine, Congrats on the seated.

Congrats Anne on a wonderful silver find! And it looks like you found all sorts of relics, bits and pieces of stuff out there. Any arrow points lately?

Congrats Anne on a wonderful silver find! And it looks like you found all sorts of relics, bits and pieces of stuff out there. Any arrow points lately?

No D, no arrow points. :icon_scratch: I pick up the big iron pieces to give/show the farmer as he likes to see them. The ax head in the pic is getting the cider vinegar treatment that I read about on the forum. I also like to pick up pieces of china...found a couple neat ones on that hunt. I hope to make a mosaic or something out of them someday. :)

HH,
Michiganne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back