SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These last 3 months have been the best detecting of my life. My Mom, Arty and I have been like giddy school girls just thinking what we were going to find when we made return trips to these amazing fields. Its crazy how many signals AREN'T there now. We spent a good 8 hours yesterday hunting some new fields and some familiar fields and I did pretty well. Pulled 5 more coppers from 3 different fields and a handful of buttons. We have almost exhausted all of our nooks and crannies in these fields that hold relics. They are not going to plow this year so we will have to wait til next year before we can expect to find much more. I took a bunch of pics last night of all of the coppers,buttons,spanish,silver, and pieces of shoe buckles, Nipple buttons, Military buttons, Musket balls etc. I found a total of 36 Large coppers, 298 Buttons, 4 17th century copper that I can Id...4 spanish, 6 17th Nipple buttons, 6 military buttons and a mess of old relics.

With fishing season in almost full swing and the warmer weather and bug filled woods and fields yesterday may have been my last trip to the fields of legend. So I decided to do a total now to see just what exactly was found for future reference. Thanks for looking and can't wait for more fields like these! But I doubt we will find similiar ones in my lifetime. Thanks to Mom and Arty for being awesome hunting partners. Until next time.

Upvote 12

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a lot of hunting, what a lot of great finds. Nothing like working with good friends in a great area! Were these only your finds are are these the groups total finds? Best of luck in finding another field like the ones you've just been through........................63bkpkr

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a very good field and will produce some years to come. When not out fishing you have lots of work cleaning and preserving those finds and make a BIG display case to enjoy every time you look at it! :icon_thumleft:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an amazing amount of relics. Those fields were really good to you guys. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Clean? I thought I did with the toothbrush :). Thanks guys these are my finds only. The three of us are going to get together and make one massive display.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clean? I thought I did with the toothbrush :). Thanks guys these are my finds only. The three of us are going to get together and make one massive display.

That will be one HECK OF A POST!!!!!!!! You will never forget that field and the GREAT times you all have had there.... THANX for all the AWESOME pics and stories!!! HH

ChrisNJ

Mar 23, 2013
Burlington County
Detector(s) used
CZ6a
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a lifetimes worth of finds to me, huge congrats, any idea on the history of the fields? Was there a tavern or something there ?

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome, dude, totally friggin awesome! :)

Lcb24kt

Jan 31, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75, Blisstool, Whites TDI, Whites MXT all pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! WOW! That's alot of digging! You guys did great! :icon_thumright:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killer finds, i love the coppers and buttons, nice digs!!!!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that is awesome!!!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You got my attention, I'm eating my heart out. Wow, you have a great place to hunt.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an amazing haul for just one site Jim. I've seen sites produce buttons in that quantity, but never close to that number of copper coins. I know you guys had a ball. Hope the plowing comes soon for you guys. Wish they did that around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread