cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. Didn't get a chance to dig over the week end so I decided to count my dug clad that I have been saving over last five years or so. Did not count the pennies yet but I estimate that I have about $55 bucks just in pennies. My son and I did count the quarters, dimes, and nickels. With the pennies there are about (7400) coins in all.

I will be rolling this up for folding moola soon. I was a bit surprised by the total amount that I have amassed. Any guesses on my total cash value?

Maybe I should not hoard it for so long next time...

Thanks for the view and good luck. C9

PS we also found a Buff, (15) wheats, and a dozen or so pieces of silver that I forgot about...my son and I had a great time counting everything...almost like finding it again...without digging a single hole.

Attachments

• 1 Container.jpg
    1 Container.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 200
  • 2 Pile.jpg
    2 Pile.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 202
  • 3 Quarters.jpg
    3 Quarters.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 205
  • 4 Quarters Dimes.jpg
    4 Quarters Dimes.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 5 Quarters Dimes Nicks.jpg
    5 Quarters Dimes Nicks.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 210
  • 6 Final Stacks.jpg
    6 Final Stacks.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 204
Upvote 16

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you count the stacks as rolls of coin and add the $55 in pennies I came up 714.20 but that one quarter stack isn't full.So I only counted it as 5 bucks.

OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a LOT of clad! Looks pretty clean too...do you use a tumbler to clean em up, or just roll em as they are? Nice stash! :icon_thumleft:

Hello oldsurfer. Thanks for the reply. No tumbler, just rinse 'em H2O before stashing. Good luck. C9

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had said 7000 earlier but had added an extra 0. That is still one heck of a machine

OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesomee stacks of clad. my guess is 352 bucks

Hello jewelryguy. You have a great eye! Without actually counting the pennies, I estimate the total to be $351. All I can offer as a prize are my digging philosophies:

1) Polite patient persistence when looking for new dig sites is the key to success.
2) If you haven't found anything good on a hunt, you just haven't dug enough holes yet. (My wife hates this one when she goes on a dig.)
3) Your best find is just one hole away.

Thanks for the reply and good luck, today's the day (another philosophy I guess.) C9

OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a ton of digging.

Hello tylerdad. You said it! At least (7000) holes (and I filled everyone)...thank God for my Pro-Pointer. Thanks for the reply and good luck. C9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd guess there is between about 445 to 450 in that 50 lbs of clad. Good haul, boy does it add up.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of clad. Counting's not quite as fun as finding. How are you going to cash it in? Here's a pick of 2014's clad. Approx. $480.

View attachment 1143485

I used the coinstar this time. Never again though. I have a way of turning most of it into new clad, rolling it and depositing at my bank for full value.

Unplug the coinstars phone line and select gift certificate which id full value. It will not be able to process a gift cert and will have to pay you full value in cash!
sneeky squeeky

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was curious after reading your post and I decided to weigh my clad from 2013-2014 and it came out to 20 lbs!

For a prize you can send them the very last coin from the bucket.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome diggin's, My aching knees can sympathize, I dug $106.00 in clad in March alone. But that digging also netted me 43 rings. The moral of the story is, you dig clad, you dig jewelry! Happy hunting, Sub 8-)

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. I've had to sell most of my clad over the last three years, but I did manage to save 18 Pounds of Copper Pennies (1959 - 1982 1/2) in a coffee can. I fret having to sell them, but eventually, it might happen. But it's better to have gathered and disbursed than to have never gathered at all. Just Saying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions