Figured I would post my marble collection

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everybody here is real knowledgeable about marbles so I figured I would post mine to see if there were any good ones. some are beat up. Me any my buddies like to take a break from detecting sometimes and go to an old dump from the 1930's and sift for coins but we love it when we pull out marbles, its not uncommon to find 8 or 9 in a day. I only started doing it this summer but my buddies have been doing it for a few years now and they have the collection to show for it, they each have several giant pickled egg jars full of marbles. I only have this small amount.

Attachments

• marbels.JPG
    marbels.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 353

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
nice group...i see one german swirl in there and it might be a naked core ...its at the bottm at 6 ovlock in the second row...i also see lots of alley marbles there....they are the swirl types....the ones with the ribbons are prob marble king....youve got a few other companies in there vitro ,too...

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info Duff, I can see where marble collecting could become an obsession. Glad I found a place to learn more about what I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread