What's new

figurines

Definitely Obsidian, I think the white specks might be paint. :icon_scratch: If you hold them at an angle does the color change sort of? Like dirty white or tan? Like this-
 

Attachments

  • obs.webp
    obs.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 447
  • obs.webp
    obs.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 410
diggummup said:
Definitely Obsidian, I think the white specks might be paint. :icon_scratch: If you hold them at an angle does the color change sort of? Like dirty white or tan? Like this-
is that how you tell the fake from the real Diggumup? I passed on a peice they wanted 15.00 an that is to much to me for something I know nothing about...
 
creeper71 said:
diggummup said:
Definitely Obsidian, I think the white specks might be paint. :icon_scratch: If you hold them at an angle does the color change sort of? Like dirty white or tan? Like this-
is that how you tell the fake from the real Diggumup? I passed on a peice they wanted 15.00 an that is to much to me for something I know nothing about...
I wouldn't have give $15 for it either. Gave a dollar that for the one I have, looks like the ones on the link that Treasurekidd posted that changes color. I guess it's called golden obsidian when it does that. I'll be honest, I don't know much about minerals and gemstones. I have a collection of all sorts of rocks and stuff and can't ID half of them. :dontknow:
 
diggummup said:
creeper71 said:
is that how you tell the fake from the real Diggumup? I passed on a peice they wanted 15.00 an that is to much to me for something I know nothing about...
I wouldn't have give $15 for it either. Gave a dollar that for the one I have, looks like the ones on the link that Treasurekidd posted that changes color. I guess it's called golden obsidian when it does that. I'll be honest, I don't know much about minerals and gemstones. I have a collection of all sorts of rocks and stuff and can't ID half of them. :dontknow:
I don't know much about Gems either.. I bought a huge box of rough gems an petrified wood at auction few years ago..still haven't sold any cause I have no clue what there worth....
 
The white spots are internal. Not very many of them or I would have called it snowflake obsidian. Lots of variations in obsidian. I does glisten goldish in the sun but only in certain areas.

Still looking for other pieces with the same look.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom