What's new

Filing a claim in Ca

Fiery Creations

Greenie
Joined
Jul 29, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
I'm on the .gov site trying to file a claim and I'm confused. Few questions.

Are there areas that can't be claimed on BLM land? I see a nearby claim but I'm shocked the areas I want aren't claimed.

I get an error message saying I'm only allowed 20 acres per person, but the plot it's allowing me to click is over 40. Can I just register two of my friends and get it? Is there a way to split the plot smaller?

How do I get the CoL? I've tried looking on my county's site, but there is no form. Other counties nearby have them online.


Bonus question....if I can, is it even worth it? It's way back in a canyon and I can't imagine many if any people are going to care about staying off it that far hidden away.
 
Upvote 0
Been on there and can't find an answer. Called the county recorder who had no idea. Left messages with BLM. No luck.

This is all I can find. They don't appear to have the forms. Can I just fill this out by hand and give it to them? No one there has a clue about any of this...

 
I'm on the .gov site trying to file a claim and I'm confused. Few questions.

Are there areas that can't be claimed on BLM land? I see a nearby claim but I'm shocked the areas I want aren't claimed.

I get an error message saying I'm only allowed 20 acres per person, but the plot it's allowing me to click is over 40. Can I just register two of my friends and get it? Is there a way to split the plot smaller?

How do I get the CoL? I've tried looking on my county's site, but there is no form. Other counties nearby have them online.


Bonus question....if I can, is it even worth it? It's way back in a canyon and I can't imagine many if any people are going to care about staying off it tha
 
Did you go to area that you want to claim and mark and record the boundary's and also did you discover gold in the area. This cannot be done on the internet, boots on the ground. Ounce that has been done then you go to the county recorder's office and search weather that land is open for claiming and file with them, ounce that is done ,you then file with the BLM, they will tell you one thing, Due Diligence, it is all up to you to prove your claim to them, they will take your money no matter what. Due Diligence is on you. If you file on someone's claim, you are in big trouble. You can buy a claim on the internet but filing and proving a claim on the internet is not possible.
 
Did you go to area that you want to claim and mark and record the boundary's and also did you discover gold in the area. This cannot be done on the internet, boots on the ground. Ounce that has been done then you go to the county recorder's office and search weather that land is open for claiming and file with them, ounce that is done ,you then file with the BLM, they will tell you one thing, Due Diligence, it is all up to you to prove your claim to them, they will take your money no matter what. Due Diligence is on you. If you file on someone's claim, you are in big trouble. You can buy a claim on the internet but filing and proving a claim on the internet is not possible.
Yes, I’ve had boots on ground there and discovered lots of gold. Why would I mark the boundaries before hits mine? Wouldn’t that be illegal and backwards?


Thanks for the reply. I’ll try going into their office in person. Maybe I’m not understanding the boundary thing. I was using the MLS site and clicking on the plot they have. Can I make a Size and shape that isn’t already recorded on that system?
 
Did you go to area that you want to claim and mark and record the boundary's and also did you discover gold in the area. This cannot be done on the internet, boots on the ground. Ounce that has been done then you go to the county recorder's office and search weather that land is open for claiming and file with them, ounce that is done ,you then file with the BLM, they will tell you one thing, Due Diligence, it is all up to you to prove your claim to them, they will take your money no matter what. Due Diligence is on you. If you file on someone's claim, you are in big trouble. You can buy a claim on the internet but filing and proving a claim on the internet is not possible.
The internet claim (paper claim) sale is likely not an active "Claim".
The Due diligence "Claim" is not done with the internet sale.
The proving process requirements are not done with the internet sale.

Excellent points you make. Thanks.
 
When found Gold and wanted to stake a claim I called BLM long story short I faxed Joan a rough area where I wanted it and faxed it to her she helped me in so many ways its not funny lol. After I had all needed paperwork it was off to the County Recorder. I put my monument marker up where I found Gold no need to mark all four corners she stated. There is more to it but keep calling BLM for someone that can help you they helped me no problem that's there job. Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom