What's new

Filled a hole in my Kennedy book

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Been a long time since I found anything postworthy- everything is so commonplace, few here and there. But last night I was able to fill another hole in my Kennedy book- got the '95s silver proof. It came from one box out of 5 I searched last night- the other 4 boxes skunks. Anyways here is a pic. HH Mark
DSCN1640_edited.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations on the find! I too use these to fill the holes in the little guy's half dollar folder. Even though the coins are "distressed", it's pretty cool that the price is right!

Happy hunting!
 
I love my books- figure when they're full the game will be over. My Kennedy is only lacking the 70s, all but 5 of the newer silver proofs and the 2008s clad. My Franklin book only needs the dreaded '55 and 49s, has been that way for awhile (LJ offered to trade with ME to fill it but I told her I have to find them, nothing goes into these unless I find them). Couple weeks ago my parents bought ME a Walker book for my bday. Looks like the game will continue indefinately now haha. HH Mark
 
That is a rare and high$ ($50+) coin.
Congrats!
 
Nice find!

Which book do you use that has all the proofs? Does it have varieties too?

~Dave
 
You'll need a Dansco 8166. This is the one that says "Kennedy Half Dollars - including proof-only issues". They sell a very similar one that does not have space for the proofs, so make sure you do not get that one. I think they cost around $20-30, but they're well worth it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom