What's new

Finally...A Not Obliterated 14K Band Find

Jarl

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2012
Messages
822
Reaction score
739
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally...A 'Not Obliterated' 14K Band Find

Hello all,

Wasn't really planning on hunting Sunday...had too many things I wanted to get done elsewhere, but when things settle down(or get done), I'll be spending more time in the dirt. Anyway, during that short hunt I got this 14K band. This is the first gold/plated ring that wasn't totally eaten up. There are initials on it, 'RNP'. Maybe I'll try to find the owner...hmmm. Also, a goofy skeleton ring and a 1957D wheat found in a friend's yard about two weekends ago.

There were some other things, but I'll post them on my next update.

Thanks for looking.

GL&HH
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4527.webp
    IMG_4527.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4528.webp
    IMG_4528.webp
    108.7 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4529.webp
    IMG_4529.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4530.webp
    IMG_4530.webp
    162.7 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 26
The band looks pretty old! Weird skull ring. Neat though!
 
Thanks, yeah I was thinking it looked sort of old. I found a signet ring (posted last year) in about the same area...the band was broken but the face was in good shape. But obviously it was 'old'.
 
Nice digs. The skull ring is cool and so is the 14K.
 
Way to go! Beautiful old wedding band (that engraving has to be Victorian era.) Is is solid gold? Sub 8-)
 
Very nice! Congrats gold and a wheat!

The script inside the band does look old. Freaky looking skull ring, looks like fingers holding the skull.

Don't you just hate it when life keeps getting in the way of detecting? Lol! I do. :laughing7:
 
The owner is probably dead because that's an oldie of a ring. Congrats!
 
Yes thats a oldie ring for sure ! The counterfeited stamped rings are not uncommon, getting one in decent shape however is rare( its hard to tell if yours is real or just extra heavy plated from the picture) ! That goofy ring looks like a dentist office ring prize, I recall those shiny plated things as a kid there , nice digs keep at it !
 
Last edited:
Nice rings, Jarl! :thumbsup:
 
The band looks like an older ring to me, and definitely solid gold. A beautiful find.
 
ring is probably at least 100 yrs old if not older - by that k stamp
Nice:thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the gold ring find, the other is strange for sure
 
Thanks for the likes and comments everyone. I am not sure if the ring it solid or not. The only thing that concerns me is the discoloration above the 'N' on the inside band...where it appears it was joined. Could that indicate that it's plated. Otherwise, there is no flaking at all on it that I can see. Thanks again TN friends. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom