May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hitting this site for some time and been picking up early clad. I figured there had to be some silver there so went back again and now that I cleaned off most of the top items I went slow and sure with the MXT cranked up. The school was from the late 50's so I thought I would find a silver Rosie but out popped a 1941-D Merc. I had almost given up on the MXT but I think I learned a lot about it in the past few months of having it. Most importantly if there is early clad keep pounding and listen for the deep signals. Ended up with three wheaties and a bunch of change also.

Attachments

• IMG00079.jpg
    IMG00079.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG00077.jpg
    IMG00077.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0
Jim, Congrats on your merc! One of the nicest coins ever minted! :icon_thumright:

Yep. Sometimes you have to clean house to get to the better stuff :laughing7: Don't give up. It will come sooner or later ::)

That fisrt silver is always fun to find, now you will be finding more! Cogratulations!

JimDon said:
Been hitting this site for some time and been picking up early clad. I figured there had to be some silver there so went back again and now that I cleaned off most of the top items I went slow and sure with the MXT cranked up. The school was from the late 50's so I thought I would find a silver Rosie but out popped a 1941-D Merc. I had almost given up on the MXT but I think I learned a lot about it in the past few months of having it. Most importantly if there is early clad keep pounding and listen for the deep signals. Ended up with three wheaties and a bunch of change also.

Mercury dimes are my favorite coin........My first silver was a merc......Keep it up!!!! Do not give up on that MXT because it is a very good machine.........I have had mine for about 1 month now and I believe it will be my most favorite detector I have ever owned. Keep up and be patient and it will pay off for you, Tim

Congrats on that merc the MXT is an awesome detector for sure it will hit stuff deep I haven't had mine long but found nice stuff with it for sure. DD coils will make a big difference with trashy area's at separating targets, if you hunt area's like that you might get a DD coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back