What's new

Finally back

samsond10

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 9, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
It's been five years since I lost my wife. I just continued to work to pass time. Lat fall I decided to retire at 78 years old. So, this year I get out metal detecting with my Garrett GTAx550, good machine. Now, wait for the snow to melt. Have a good day folks
 
tn_md.gif
Welcome Back! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
 
It's been five years since I lost my wife. I just continued to work to pass time. Lat fall I decided to retire at 78 years old. So, this year I get out metal detecting with my Garrett GTAx550, good machine. Now, wait for the snow to melt. Have a good day folks

My condolences regarding your wife, and glad to hear that you are pressing
on in life.

A big welcome back from the Pacific Northwest....
howdy2.webp
 
It's been five years since I lost my wife. I just continued to work to pass time. Lat fall I decided to retire at 78 years old. So, this year I get out metal detecting with my Garrett GTAx550, good machine. Now, wait for the snow to melt. Have a good day folks
Mate sorry to hear your wife passed. Any loved one is heartbreaking, I'd miss my wife greatly too.
Good luck detecting 👍👍
 
Welcome back sandsond Where are you located ?
Ohio near canton here
 
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14:
 
Welcome from North Carolina!
 
Welcome back from Oregon!
 
Welcome back. I joined the forum back in 2015 and posted until my wife became ill about 2 or 3 years later. She passed away about 2 years ago. Like you, I continued to work to pass time, figure out life, and also to pay off any debt we had. I retired at the end of 2025 (67 years old) and purchased myself a new detector as a retirement gift to myself. Just waiting for the ground to unfreeze and get back at it. Take care.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom