What's new

Finally! Creek finds!

Illini Rockhound

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
148
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took many hours of not finding much, but I finally found a couple points. Could anyone help identify and date these? It would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 20180728_231513.webp
    20180728_231513.webp
    355.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 20180728_231503.webp
    20180728_231503.webp
    433.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 20180728_231439.webp
    20180728_231439.webp
    336.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20180728_231428.webp
    20180728_231428.webp
    362.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 20180728_231357.webp
    20180728_231357.webp
    987.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180728_231342.webp
    20180728_231342.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Nice finds. Someone will probably be along to help you id your IL points. Fun to find points in creeks!
 
The grey point looks like a late archaic stemmed point, maybe a Kramer. However, the fact that both edges are beveled the same direction points to it being a woodland point. The small point is called a common corner notch where I live. Another late archaic type commonly found in Central IL. You're on to it now. Gary
 
Nice points. Congrats
 
I agree. Those are beauties. :coffee2:
 
Nice hunt and perseverance paid off.
 
Those are pretty!
 
20180730_185806.webp
20180730_185830.webp
20180730_185831.webp

I also found this worked piece in the same creek. Any idea what this is?
 
Great points, Congrats! Have never found one yet...
 
After a second look I think it’s a really exhausted or broken paddle drill
 
Last edited:
Awesome stuff. Most of my creek stuff is beat to death not to mention hard to come by.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom