FINALLY....DECENT size Wireless headphones.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the dongle that goes with this set of wireless headphones goes...it's awesome, 2.4ghz FM....NOT bluetooth, so there is zero lag..........

...but i sold mine as i hated the headphones as they were to small, but they have just released these BEAUTIES to go with the 2.4ghz dongle.

They look MUCH better and very Comfortable

Am I getting a pair....HELL YEAH!!

Deteknix W3 Pro Rechargeable Wireless Headphones

The very latest 2.4 Rechargeable Wireless Headphones from Deteknix. This is the Pro version of the smaller and cheaper Lite W3. Full size ear cups on the Pro version so Ultra comfortable. They are also Weatherproofed 100%.
This version the Pro W3 works with all detectors that have a Jack plug socket for the small transmitter to plug into. An adapter is included to enable 3.5mm or 6.35mm jacks to be used. The Wireless headset also comes with a detachable cable in the kit incase the user runs out of battery power and needs to go wired to save the day. This is a nice little touch incase of such emergencies.

Matt

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember we do not allow links to non supporting vendors.

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my apologies.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Staffydog:

Do you think these are better than the Racer 2 headset? The reason i ask is that these are about 20-30 dollars more then the racer 2 set. I guess the ability to use them with any other detector with a standard headphone jack is nice, but I'd rather hunt exclusively with my Racer 2. I'm still holding out on purchasing a headset that works well for it though. The Rappoo's work fine for my AT Pro, but not for the Racer.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think these headphones would be compatible with the factory Makro 2.4 GHZ dongle that plugs into the side of the detector?
I wonder if Makro sells their dongle separately?

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went ahead and ordered the Makro Racer 2 headset. The headphones that come with that set don't look as robust as this Wirefree Pro set, and I haven't seen where you can order just the dongle yet. However, I don't like a huge headset on me during the hot summer months so maybe the Racer 2 set will be just fine. I'll see if the dongle will pair with my Rapoo headphones and let you know.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any update on the Makro dongle pairing with your Rapoo headphones?

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. The Racer 2 headphones have been unavailable everywhere I looked. They may become available in early February, but at this point I'm starting to lose intrest in getting them now.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So i just got my Makro Racer 2 headphones last Friday. I ordered them on Thursday and they came the very next day from Bart's with free shipping to boot. This is why I will stick with Bart's for all my detecting needs. Thanks Bart!
Anyway, the headphones are light and comfortable and go fully around the ears. they are tight enough that they wont slip off, and I was detecting for nearly 3 hours and had no discomfort. I wear glasses and I know that some headphones will start hurting my head since i wear glasses but these did not. There is no lag on these headphones and the volume is adjusted with the volume knob on the detector, also the audio is very good. Although I did not test the dongle with other headphones, I did test the headphones with the Rapoo dongle, and i was unable to pair them. It would be nice to be able to use these with my AT Pro since they are way more comfortable than the Rapoo's, but with the addition of these headphones I have more reason to do most of my detecting with the Racer 2 anyway, and just use the AT Pro for really wet weather and water detecting.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look good!!
But they only last 8 hours?
The new Garrett zlynk last like 20 or something.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The new Garrett zlynk last like 20 or something." And the ZLynk is only $129.00 and then another $100.00 for a decent pair of headphones to go with it. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread