Finally - first 2 gold day for the year!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to change things up and go fresh instead of salt today - we've had a drought this year so some freshwater spots are lower than normal - which means I can get out with snorkel a little farther than normal.
Day did not get off on the right foot - my GF wanted to sleep in - so I let her - no tide to worry about
but then we were rushing to get going and after 45 mins on the road - was doing an inventory of gear in my head - forgot my dive boots
I don't do bare feet...if I had my bad sneakers would have worn those but had my new ones - so had to stop and get some foot gear along the way
Got there at 3pm - got a ways out - one of the first items I found was a swimming pin - oldie
I thought it was a piece of scrap copper and did not know what I had till I dumped my pouch at the end of the hunt - I think its cool
then a guy on a jet ski road up and started yelling at me that Im gonna get hit - I pretty much told him to f off - he said I should have something on my head - thing is I was hunting at an actual beach on a lake - there were others doing laps way out with me and these guys should not have been where we were - but town pulled in all the buoys after Labor day - which is stupid cause people still swim on weekends up here - waters still warm
Sooo- Im told him he better watch out now that he knows Im there - lake is huge but they got to drive in close to the beach and check out the girls in their bikinis - guy sounded like he was Russian - needless to say - did not see him near me again - I then hit aluminum fair token and then Buffalo near by. I then got a deep target in the muck and took 3 scoops to get it - thru the murk I thought I saw glint of gold and was surprised to see nice band in the bottom of my scoop. Worked for another 1 1/2 hours getting a few Wheaties and some other newer coins ...got a nice sterling relig. medal - Sun was dropping behind the tall trees and breeze was picking up - could see my gal covering up with blanket. Told myself - "just one more gold and I'll call it a day"
About 10 mins later I got a nice deep signal again and was surprised by gold 1970 class ring in the bottom of my scoop. Started heading straight towards my GF - got another target and started to swing over spot and my upper rod snapped - was not from pressure - just wore thru it ...so my day was ended anyways - was lucky it did not break before the class ring.
920caspr.JPG 920casp.JPG
ring after lite cleaning
920casgold.JPG 920relic.JPG
I think pin is from early 1900s

Upvote 0

sexton

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find on the gold
I like the pin
knife is good never know about those jet ski guys