What's new

Finally Found One!

AU24K

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
15,505
Reaction score
14,105
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After about 6-8 boxes of pennies, I finally found a 1998-P wide AM!
It is in really good shape and even has some shine to it still.
Once I get my computer straightened out, I'll post a picture.
Is it pretty valuable? Is it worth slabbing? What outfit would y'all recommend? Prices?
Thanks in advance!

Scott
 

Attachments

  • IM002330.webp
    IM002330.webp
    22 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
I save all I find, but there are so many there's not much value, at least not to have it slabbed. I have about 50 of them. 98 in MS-65 at the most only worth $10. Same for the 2000p. Now the 99, that's different.
HH
Gilbert
 
99 W-AM and the 92 C-AM are the ones to find. Then your talking about slabs and big bucks...
 
I have one '99 and one '20 wide AM. Still waiting for the day I find the '99.
 
Oh well, guess I'll get some more boxes and continue searching...I think I'll find a close 92 next!
Which is better a 92-P close or a 99-P wide?

Thanks all and best wishes,

Scott
 
What makes this coin an error coin? Do you look at every single coin this way to see if they have errors? Does anyone know a website on errors to look for?
???
 
try lincolncentresourse.com and coppercoins.com .. their are a lot of very valuable coins out their in circulation. i have found the 1998 wide am and the 2000 wide am but i am still looking for the 1999 wide am and the 1992 close am error cents.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom