What's new

Finally found one!!

lisfisher

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
582
Reaction score
1,027
Golden Thread
2
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cornfields are starting to be harvested so I went to one today and found this one pretty quickly. An Adena or Canfield maybe??
 

Attachments

  • pont.webp
    pont.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 140
  • point 2.webp
    point 2.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool find!!!

I'm not much help on identifying yet.
 
I'll tell ya, I've been working real hard to find one the past few months. When the corn is growing in the fields I'm like a lost sailor - no idea where to go. I tried dried up riverbeds, washed out hillsides, even got so desperate and dug a few holes and sifted in my back woods. The day they cut the corn { today } I find this one in 15 minutes. Go figure
 
We use to walk the fields after they plowed and disked them for hours and hours as kids, Not sure where those went that we found. My dad ran off with them and put them away and haven't seen them since.:laughing7: We found really little arrow heads too. At that time were told they were for birds. :dontknow: I just started thinking about getting back into looking for them again.
 
Last edited:
Very nice find! That's a lot of flaking. If you see any depressions pocketing the earth try sticking a shovel a foot down in them. Could be old trash pits or homes. Congrats. Sounds like you worked hard to find that one.
 
That's an awesome find and it does have a lot of flaking, not sure of the types in your area but that's a great find!
 
Cool! Nicely worked knife. :icon_thumright:
 
Hope to see more!
 
That is a nice find. Hope you have many more to come.
 
How do you tell a knife vs an arrowhead?? They look the same to me, but I am no expert
 
Canfield is as good of a guess as any. I would just call it an Archaic Stemmed Point. Congrats on your first find. You are hooked for life now.

Projectilepoints
 
Nice find and there will be more in that field, let them disk or burn it off and rain on it then go look. Good Luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom