What's new

Finally Got a Dream Box! Updated: (sold see last post)

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Not a traditional one but still a Dream Box. Solid box of 2010 P Dimes. Estimated value $2,000-$4,000!
 

Attachments

  • downsized_0503001146.webp
    downsized_0503001146.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 948
Upvote 0
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

Man, makes me want to get a box of dimes. Nice find!! I'll be watching the bids, exciting!
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

I don't follow dimes. What is the big price for???? I don't get it. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

Hi Ho Silver! said:
I don't follow dimes. What is the big price for???? I don't get it. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Low mintage and hard to get. The same thing originally happened with 2009 pennies. But the mania quickly wore off. At first you could sell 2009 pennies on eBay for $10 a roll. Now you are lucky to be able to sell a roll for face value. The same thing will happen here. It's good that Jason is striking while the iron is hot!

I hope he makes a fortune! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

That's an awesome find!!!
Good luck selling them....different color rolls from the 09's...which bank did those come from?
Joe
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

Congrats but I have a dumb question. How do you know that they are all 2010 without actually opening the rolls? Is it labeled somehow on the box?
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

I've seen mintage figures at 14 million for the 2010 Dimes and supposedly they have stopped minting them. They could restart but they may not.

They are selling on eBay for as much as $5-$10 for a single dime! $50-$100 per roll.

Bank of America.

There are no guarantees they are all the same, but if the ends are all solid, likely the box is solid. Buyers know this is a risk but they want them unopened.

Chances are the rolls won't be opened for years anyway.
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

BOA, here I come
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

Kauka said:
BOA, here I come

The better question would be which cash logistics company services the bank I got it from, Garda, Brinks, Wells Fargo, etc.
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

That doesn't make any sense to me. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for those. That is just retarded. 14,000,000? That is not low mintage.

I guess to each his own though right?
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

SteveDodds said:
That doesn't make any sense to me. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for those. That is just retarded. 14,000,000? That is not low mintage.

I guess to each his own though right?

LOL! I agree with you.
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

JasonB said:
Kauka said:
BOA, here I come

The better question would be which cash logistics company services the bank I got it from, Garda, Brinks, Wells Fargo, etc.

In RI, Bank of America get their coins from Loomis. Not too sure about any other BOA.
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

looks like ebay got killed already. but should be able to get like 20-30 a roll i guess
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

When I sold my 2009 box I sold them unrolled in lots of 50. I got between 26-68 dollars per 50.
HH
Rich
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

Rich Hartford said:
When I sold my 2009 box I sold them unrolled in lots of 50. I got between 26-68 dollars per 50.
HH
Rich

wow
sheesh
nice job
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

I guess you can't complain with around $700 bucks, but man it sure would of been nice if it went in the thousands....
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

Coins4Cheese said:
SteveDodds said:
Would someone explain to me what is so special about that?

2010 dimes have a low mintage, therefor they go for a premium.

How do you know 2010 dimes will hae low mintage? They are still miting them, and have not stopped the dies yet. Unlike 2009, which stopped in April 2009, they are still going strong on 2010 dimes and no one knows if they will mint all the way through the year or through May, or June, or September, or what they will do.

I don't see the low mintage on this one, not after last years' historic low mintage. They need to get some out there, since they did only 4.5% of "normal" last year. I guess people are assuming since last year was low that this year will be too.

I don't know if I agree (yet).

Either way though, i'd sell those suckers NOW, and take the money and run. Worry about whether they stop running the dies early or not at a later time. :-)
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

mts said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
I don't follow dimes. What is the big price for???? I don't get it. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Low mintage and hard to get. The same thing originally happened with 2009 pennies. But the mania quickly wore off. At first you could sell 2009 pennies on eBay for $10 a roll. Now you are lucky to be able to sell a roll for face value. The same thing will happen here. It's good that Jason is striking while the iron is hot!

I hope he makes a fortune! :icon_thumleft:

2009 pennies were minted in large amounts. But, in the beginning, people paid because they wanted them faster. Just like the 2010 dimes. But, the 2009 dimes were LOW mintage, and STILl have a premium. And as for 2010, until they decide when to stop the dies and at what number to close the run, we don' tknow if it will be a continued high price, like the 2009 dimes and nickels, or a low price later. like the 2009 pennies.

Time will tell.

But for now, he made $500 and moved on. Nothing wrong with that! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

Hey Jason! Followed your auction as she was closing and cheering with each bid.............WTG!!! Congrats on your $500 profit!
 
Re: Finally Got a Dream Box!

lennon631 said:
Hey Jason! Followed your auction as she was closing and cheering with each bid.............WTG!!! Congrats on your $500 profit!

Thanks. I also picked up a second box and sold it direct to a dealer for $800. My hopes of a $2500 payoff went south when the other boxes were posted immediately after I posted mine. I should have gone for a 3 day auction I think.

Oh, well, I made a cool G (grand) on the two boxes. That's a good week coin hunting in my book.

HH to all!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom