What's new

Finally got my 1st MD. ACE 250!!!!

saltfisher

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
82
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today i went and finally got my 1st MD. Its a ACE 250 which i have been reading up on alot around here. Seems people like them alot for the price. I took it out and was playing with it a little. Just trying it out, and was doing a air test. Seems everything was pretty accurate except a penny was reading a dime? Other then that everything was pretty right on. Took off my g/f's ring and it read pull-tab. Waved some foil, and it read foil and gave a deep tone. Then tried a nail and another deep tone. Everything else was pretty high pitched. Im taking it out for my 1st hunt friday. Im excited!!!!! Any tips? Im going to be hunting a old grove, and the shore of a water dropped lake.

Thanks guys/gals!!!
 
Congrats on getting your ACE!

Son got an ACE 250 for Christmas and I haven't had enough time to play with it myself to give you any tips. Maybe go to the review section in TNet and see what people have said about the ACE. You might get alot of good pointers there. Good luck on your hunt.

Sue
 
Congrats, the Ace 250 is very good detector. Take a bucket to that lake, you are going to need it to carry all the junk you have to dig to find that first ring! HH :thumbsup:
 
You should have a lot of fun with the Ace. I'm still getting to know mine by searching the local parks. Now that the weather is warmer, I have to go early before the kids arrive.
Mine seems to say dime and most of the time it is a penny, but, when it is a dime, the sound is much higher. I'm really getting used to the sounds. Today, every time it said nickel--it was! I just LOVE the quarter signal. Don't get enough of them in the new parks.
Good luck, and happy hunting!!
DB
 
dig everything :icon_pirat:
 
I had it out for 3 minutes in the front yard just to test it. I found quite a few low "ding" tones which read in the nail section, and heard quite a few higher tones. All of the higher tones were coins, and the lower tones were nails. Seems pretty accurate on reading the nails/iron.
 
I also just got an ace 250 as my 1st detector. I'm very happy with it although the package deal from Kelly's turned out to be pretty worthless with maybe the exception of the 9x12 coil. The "digging tool" broke 1st day out and the headphones are useless unless you want to go deaf. That said, I think the unit itself is a great starter for anyone and I can swing it all day. I'm understanding it more each trip out and can't wait to hit on my 1st silver. Good luck to you and HH-Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom