Finally got out!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was warm enough and not raining or snowing enough that I got out at lunchtime today. Results on right half of the newspaper. 25 cents (the hard way), three dimes and two nickels. Obviously someone was cherry picking the quarters as this was at the site of a couple concession trailers at a town park that has a Fall carnival.

On the way home I stopped at an abandoned house to scout it out. One quarter, one dime and one cent - all 1980's. Not sure if it's worth going back. Trash everywhere (a kids' party spot). BAsically a house turned inside out and beer cans, fire pits and assorted garbage everywhere.

The plastic horse was on top of tyhe yellow piece of a Matchbox construction equipment toy(?).

Very pleased with my park hunt as that was 30 coins and no trash dug (my personal record!) Nine pennies and one dime were in a single hole! Kept rechecking and re-digging. At the homesite I dug anything potentially promising, including the pulltabs. The chromed valve had me believing it was a quarter. ::)

Attachments

• HPIM0569s.JPG
    HPIM0569s.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you're able to get out and hunt, Charlie! :) Congrats on those finds! Nana :)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie, before I started detecting when someone said "I finally got out", golf was the first thing that came to my mind :D

Glad to see you got out. . . Take care!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread