april 7th beach finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a follow up appointment at the oral surgeon at 7:45 a.m. After a :thumbsup: from the surgeon, I was off to the beach. I arrived about 1 1/2 hours earlier than I usually do, so I was hoping the early start would lead to better finds. I snagged a quarter in the dry sand on the way to the water. Good start Ithought. Things went pretty slow from there on out. I talked to a few other hunters and they were doing just as good as I was. On the way out, a "veteran" THer that I had talked to on a few occasions asked me for assistance. He wanted to borrow a coin to see if his machine was functioning properly. Sure enough his machine was working just fine. He had just worked a few hundred yards without a single signal. He said that had never happened before. On that note, I made my way to the car. Maybe next week.

Attachments

• 4-7 finds.jpg
    4-7 finds.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0
OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
clad adds up...
It certainly does. Thanks for the reply Allen.

slak jak

Mar 13, 2008
melbourne australia
Detector(s) used
whites pi 1000 x2. quatro , ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are having the same trouble her in aussie land , its the end of the season & u cant keep taking it out faster than they put it in, but your luck will change if u keep on working , good luck from down under , slak jak

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too many people in the water but summers coming!

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Willie Don't feel bad, Thats how its been going for me ,, I went last week 2 hour Spin .. I got 2 beaver tales and three pull tabs and a twisted knee covering up a hole in the wet sand ... I'm out of commission here for week or 2. Had to buy a cane today so I can walk.. hurts like hell... guzz1

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slak jak said:
we are having the same trouble her in aussie land , its the end of the season & u cant keep taking it out faster than they put it in, but your luck will change if u keep on working , good luck from down under , slak jak
FloridaBill said:
Not too many people in the water but summers coming!
guzz1 said:
Hey Willie Don't feel bad, Thats how its been going for me ,, I went last week 2 hour Spin .. I got 2 beaver tales and three pull tabs and a twisted knee covering up a hole in the wet sand ... I'm out of commission here for week or 2. Had to buy a cane today so I can walk.. hurts like hell... guzz1
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Slak Jak, I am nothing, if not persistent. I plan on spending as much time in the water as I can. FloridaBill, I am seeing a steady increase in swimmers, so I am hopeful. Guzz1 take care of that knee, hope it's nothing too serious.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Willie man, I feel for you.I've racked my brain trying to think of spots for you to hunt.I might be able to get you on the big ranch out 54 where the rodeos and stuff go on.You know the place I'm talking about I'm sure.PM me if you like.Keep hunting,it's out there. JB

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hill Billy said:
Willie man, I feel for you.I've racked my brain trying to think of spots for you to hunt.I might be able to get you on the big ranch out 54 where the rodeos and stuff go on.You know the place I'm talking about I'm sure.PM me if you like.Keep hunting,it's out there. JB
Pm sent. I have to keep hunting, I can't help it. LOL

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
i know the feeling spent three hours today at a known skirmish location and only foun 2 bullets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions