Finally had to break out the silver cleaner....

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Didn't think there were to many of these left in the Portland Area. I put on my 5"x7" coil and hit the parking strips under the powerlines. Came in loud and clear @ 6-7". My buddy Joel was hunting the main area and was able to get himself a deep Barber. Keepers for all today..Woohoo ;D

2007_0225Image0003.jpg

2007_0225Image0002.jpg

Upvote 0
sodiumrye said:
Dont find many of these in the ground WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am lucky with these. This is the 3rd one I have found in about a year or so. My hunting buddy joel has been at it 20 years and has yet to pull a Walker 1/2. He has a Franklin & a Barber 1/2, just not a Walker LOL

cival war hunter said:
Cool,how old does the site go back to?

The school @ the property goes back in the late 1800's. The property overall was used as a open air market from mid-late 1800's. The sidewalks went in somewhere around 1900.

Good old place i need to find a good place to hunt, WTG! 8)
218222.msg1577423#msg1577423 date=1234659122]
cival war hunter said:
Cool,how old does the site go back to?

The school @ the property goes back in the late 1800's. The property overall was used as a open air market from mid-late 1800's. The sidewalks went in somewhere around 1900.
[/quote]

Those big coins are always a joy to find.

Congratulations, Nathan on that chunk of silver... That surprised the heck out of me to see you pull that from where you did... Here's the stuff that I brought home...
Joel

Attachments

• val.day09.jpg
    val.day09.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 560
THAT IS NICE DON'T SEE THEM TO OFTEN. MAY YOU FIND MORE. :thumbsup:

Good find!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice Walker find, Storm.

Don't see you on the forum very often these days, but when you do post, I know it's gonna be something good!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

She's a little bit worn Storm, but she's still purdy!!
Congratulations on a sweet silver find. :thumbsup:
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Excellent find!! I can only hope to get one this year, haven't found one in a long time. HH

Captn_SE said:
Nice Walker find, Storm.

Don't see you on the forum very often these days, but when you do post, I know it's gonna be something good!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Yeah....I am so busy working! I have only been out 2 times this year so far. I think a total of 4 trips in the last 6 months. Finding any silver is hard to do in this area, so a walker half is like :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back