Finally made it out hunting!!..........Sundays finds

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I have been super busy with work lately, but I did manage to get some detecting in on sunday. I found a beautiful 14k gold chain, it is very heavy,I think it's 22 inches, I'll have to check. The burnt up looking coin is actually a Walking Liberty half that is exactly that....burnt up, can't even read that date! The ring is (or was) gold plated silver. Most of the gold is worn off of it. It has some unusual markings on it, I'll try to get some close ups of it posted. I found the little porcilin hand while digging the chain out, maybe it's from a doll? 14 wheaties in one day is awsome! The religious medal is silver, with Mary on the back. The 1946 dime was only 1 inch deep, goes to show that you just never know what is shallow. The copper leaf was an interesting find, it came up as foil, but just had something different sounding to it, so I dug it. That doo hickey with the hole in it is an old tax token that is in pretty bad shape. I ended up with a nice pile of clad for only one day. I found the spearhead on the way home. it was the only day that I had seen the river somewhat close to a normal water level, so I decided to stop & search for a few.....glad I did!. I will be on vacation after Friday, so I probably won't get in any hunting before I get back, but I may sneek out.

Paul

Attachments

• sundaysfinds 005 (Medium).jpg
    sundaysfinds 005 (Medium).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 511
  • sundaysfinds 007 (Medium).jpg
    sundaysfinds 007 (Medium).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 513
  • sundaysfinds 008 (Small).jpg
    sundaysfinds 008 (Small).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 510
  • sundaysfinds 009 (Small).jpg
    sundaysfinds 009 (Small).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 508
Upvote 0
S

shamhawks

dang, very nice. I just might have to come over the mountain ;D

must be a great spot... I don't think ever got more than 3-5 wheats in any day detecting...did get 4 today coin roll hunting.

hope you can get out more. Have fun a vacation

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Found this place today, So I hope to make it there on the first sunday back. I can't tell if it's a church, or a school......I am thinking it's a school. Nice old house hiding in the background off to the right.

Paul

Attachments

• morenewstuff (Medium).jpg
    morenewstuff (Medium).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 500

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsome finds and congrats churchs seem to be the go at the moment

tinpan

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an awesome hunt with lots of goodies, congrats! HH, Mike

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
That was quite a day, very nice finds.
Love the spear and the gold chain of course.
I am glad you dug all these goodies, congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
wow great finds -- the spearpoint is beautiful -- to bad the walking 1/2 was burnt up -- did it swell?? Anyhow looks like you had an amazing day

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow Paul ,Those are some excellent finds! That chain and spearhead rocks! I dont think you have it hunted out tho...cool school...love when people show their sites! WTG

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double WOW! Paul!!!!

You were right! Love the spearhead! :o Awesome finds! 8)

Good luck on your next site!

Nana ;)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
uve given me hopes to like this state! i didnt know that there was that much stuff here in Washington probably going to go look for some good places this weekend! Thanks for getting me motivated!!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread