More arrowheads found

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I went to a field that I've never hunted near a river and walked it a bit. I walked forever before I found this stuff. The field is huge, and I usually just walk the perimiter and the likely looking spots until I find evidence of indian inhabitance. After who knows how many miles of walking, I found a good place. By then, it was almost dark, and I still had to walk back to the truck, which was so far away it was out of sight. This is what I found. Now, at least I know where to go when I get back over there....and won't park the truck so far away either, lol.

The item on the left is a tang knife I believe, then two pieces of pottery, and a drill, and point. The point looks broken, but it is actually a natural hole in the rock that was incorporated into the point for whatever reason. I found a few other little crude artifacts and broken pieces too.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good future! Nice finds! Get you a shifter box like me!

Devilflish

Jun 15, 2006
St. Le-wis Mo.
Hope you found a good site. I am new to the forum and will be getting a MD soon.
I have been hunting arrowheads four years now and have found about 50 whole ones
and about 500 broken ones. Many pieces of pottery too. One of my best finds is a plumb bob or plummet stone.
Mainly i hunt creeks, but sometimes hit the fields when there plowed and after a nice rain. I live near Cahokia Mounds in Illinois, the erea is rich in artifacts and sites. Would love to find a clovis point though. But mainly my collection consists of Archaic pieces the Archaic stage was the second period of human occupation in the Americas, from around 8000 BC to 1000 BC.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions