What's new

Finally made the 1800s club with an 1877 Seated Liberty! 4 Silver Day!

XP Shooter

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
30
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I and Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally made the 1800's club with an 1877 Seated Liberty! 4 Silver Day!

Went detecting at a new location this morning and scored three Silvers- a 1961 Washington, two 1946 Rosies, and my first ever Seated Dime from 1877! When I first pulled it out of the hole, I thought there was something crusty stuck to the side of the dime. After I cleaned it up a bit, it looks like someone punched a hole through it with a nail or something....anyone else ever see this before? Maybe someone had it hanging around their neck at one time or another.....
I guess it would have been nice to have the coin without the hole, but I'm just thrilled to have found one at all! :occasion14:
(Sorry again for the sideways pic. Not sure why it does that...)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0121.webp
    IMG_0121.webp
    838.6 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 20
Congratz! Welcome to the 1800s club! :occasion16:
 
Congrats on some nice finds. You'll find a lot of old coins with holes
 
Wow! You did good. Seated coins are very hard to find as you know. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom