FINALLY.....MY FIRST

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
WALKER....went to a few banks i hadn't hit before...found $80.00 in hand rolls (my favorite) ;D and found
5-40%ers
1-1967
3-1968d
1-1969
3-90%ers
2-1964
1-1943 WALKING LIBERTY HALF
i think the WL is a proof (did they make them in proofs?) it has the same mirror shine as the 1959 proof i found. well here's some pics
coins 029.jpg
coins 037.jpg
coins 042.jpg
and here is a blurry one but it shows the mirror shine of what i think is a proof

coins 045.jpg
anyway i'm just glad i finally found a Walker...i figured it was only a matter of time as they were turning up in posts everywhere...thanks for looking HH

Upvote 0
Grats!

I'm happy for you man!

Walkers were made in proof form. Not sure if yours is one though... haven't seen many in person to compare it too.

Grats again!

~Dave

Thanks Dave...I'm pretty sure it is a proof...it has that extra shine to it...it looks alot like the 1959 Ben proof i found
George

A.) Nice find

B.) It looks like a regular run-of-the-mill cleaned Walker, no offense

C.) It's a 1943-D, so it's not a proof

It looks like a regular run-of-the-mill cleaned Walker, no offense

C.) It's a 1943-D, so it's not a proof
it has that shine that proofs have....my pics aren't showing it clearly...but i have to say your probably right....it is a "d"...don't know how i missed it :tard:...it doesn't look like other cleaned coins i saw :icon_scratch:

maybe it's just me but i find it incredible that any of us ever finds a franklin in a hand-roll, much less a walker! who in their right mind.....??? i know it can be done because i've found them in hand-rolls and even as late as two weeks ago found a loose walker in a teller's drawer! i just can't understand it, but hey, i'll take it.

congrats on the find! may many more come your way!

Very cool, congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your first Walker MG.....she sure is a beaut!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back