What's new

Finally the FIBULA I was looking for......

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,309
Reaction score
48,560
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field has now been disc-ed, sadly it will not be ploughed this year. So we continued to plot the extent of the hotspot.

33 Roman Coin in 3 hours. Got a stunning 3-4th Century Fibula. How the plough didn't harm this massive piece, I will never know. Specially as the small coins come up bust! A first for me as well, so its a welcome addition to the growing fibula collection :)
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,419
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,436
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,420
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,404
Upvote 0
that's a beauty mate :icon_thumleft:

some of that bronze looks to be coming up a rusty colour :icon_scratch:
 
shaun7 said:
that's a beauty mate :icon_thumleft:

some of that bronze looks to be coming up a rusty colour :icon_scratch:
yeah, some of the coins have been ironized. Only some :icon_scratch:
 
was it the new field?
 
shaun7 said:
was it the new field?

Yeah, continuing with it, as we have very few options at this point. Not that we need any, as this is by far the most productive land we have done.
 
More like a crossbow brooch don't you think :icon_scratch: nice looking one to :thumbsup:
 
Silver Searcher said:
More like a crossbow brooch don't you think :icon_scratch: nice looking one to :thumbsup:

yeap. I never thought these could come out whole :o
 
Stunning cross bow brooch, rare to see a full one. I've only had the top half of one, curiously very iron coloured like yours. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
robfinds said:
Stunning cross bow brooch, rare to see a full one. I've only had the top half of one, curiously very iron coloured like yours. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

thanks, I'm very pleased with it. 1 less for the hawkers >:(
 
Is that spring or hinged?
 
This is one very impressive site you have found. A lot of the things you post are unknown to the guys over here but you do a very good job of conveying your excitement in your posts. We can always tell when you have found someting special. Congrats on the fibula. :thumbsup:

I know you're sad about the field not being plowed, but think about it, we will be seeing some great finds for years to come from this site. 8)

Good Luck
Randy
 
Congrats on the beautiful fibula :hello2: Understand fibulas also were made in gold and that may be next with the way you seem to keep producing these awesome coins and relics :icon_sunny:
 
Hay Crusader ,.. thats a nice fib. ,.. I like the light patina on that !!
Soooo,... what are the odds on that one ,,..hmmmm 160 to 1 ?? ;D Blindpig
 
DMN said:
Is that spring or hinged?

Its kinda hinged with a spring in it
 
wow awesome finds i love seeing the piles of roman coins you find each time ya head out :thumbsup:
 
That fibula is a corker!!! Congrats and HH, Mike
 
Those are some very kool finds. I wish I could come over and detect I wouldn't know what to do with my self if I had finds like that!! :headbang:
 
Hi Cru, great fibula! Its the brother to the one I found in 2007! Would look nice next to each other :sign13:
Coins that you are finding the last weeks seem to be of a better condition that what I have seen previously, good.
Whats the small thing first photo left under..?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom