What's new

Finally!!! - Virgin Ground

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to be able to reach the 250 silver coin mark before the end of the year. I'm sure happy that I got 5 today so I won't have to worry about it anymore. What a relief!

I was using my F75DST with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached using 4H tones, 85 on the sensitivity, 0 discrimination, DE mode and 64 on the GB. All three of the silver quarters were shallow and locked on a ID of 85. The last silver dime was all over the place on the ID numbers, but stayed in the silver range. I had to stomp down the grass to get a good reading.

I did not dig a single wheat penny today, because I was 'cherry picking'.

This was my 93rd hunt for the year and my grand total for silver coins this year is 250. That's averaging a little over 2.5 silver coins per hunt.
I'll total all my gold and silver rings and other jewelry at the end of the year.

tabman
 

Attachments

  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 001.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 001.webp
    664.4 KB · Views: 231
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 003.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 003.webp
    180.1 KB · Views: 188
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 004.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 004.webp
    463.2 KB · Views: 182
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 005.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 005.webp
    356.7 KB · Views: 188
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 007.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 007.webp
    647.9 KB · Views: 185
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 008.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 008.webp
    286.9 KB · Views: 185
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 010.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 010.webp
    663.2 KB · Views: 186
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 012.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 012.webp
    144.6 KB · Views: 179
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 013.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 013.webp
    548.7 KB · Views: 191
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 015.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 015.webp
    281.9 KB · Views: 179
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 019.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 019.webp
    356.1 KB · Views: 189
  • F75DST 5 Silver Coins 017.webp
    F75DST 5 Silver Coins 017.webp
    264.5 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 52
I just knew that putting my "money" on you was a safe bet.........now where do I go to collect my "winnings"...........:laughing7:
Congratulations on 250/2016, tabman...........pulling 5 silver coins this close to your deadline was just an outstanding push to the finish line!!
 
Great job! I've had a 5 silver day before, that's a great feeling
Congrats on reaching your goal
Kyle-
 
Now let's see them all in a pile!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom