What's new

Finally!

ftwhite03

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well after a few years of lurking around on this forum, I've finally ordered my detector. I've been telling myself for years that I was going to buy one, so I'm pretty excited. Hopefully I will be posting my finds right along with you guys here soon!
 
What did you get?

Welcome to the addiction :icon_thumright:
 
I got a Garrett Ace 250. I figured it would be good for just starting out. I did some detecting when I was a kid, but its been a while.
 
Good for you. I've heard good things about that model. You'll get right back into it; it's like riding a bicycle, I guess. Except you won't hit a curb and fly through the air, and have to go to the e.r. and get sewed up, like I did that one time. Probably, anyway. GH!
 
i've heard nothing but good things about that machine as well ,you will be hooked when you dig your 1st pulltab :BangHead:
 
ftwhite03 said:
I got a Garrett Ace 250. I figured it would be good for just starting out. I did some detecting when I was a kid, but its been a while.

Bad idea, you are going to be most unhappy with it. You can PM me for why. I don't wish to listen to a hundred people's opinions about their favorites.
 
He already ordered it so what's the point? I have one and I've found some good things with it. It is a good machine to start with, but I plan on upgrading only because I became more into the hobby than I thought I would. It's something that won't break the budget if you find you don't become that hooked on the hobby. Good luck and can't wait to see your finds!
 
ftwhite03 said:
I got a Garrett Ace 250. I figured it would be good for just starting out. I did some detecting when I was a kid, but its been a while.
You got a good detector there! Do yourself a favor & go to youtube.com & check out the Ace250 videos as they will help with the learning curve.
 
relichunters said:
ftwhite03 said:
I got a Garrett Ace 250. I figured it would be good for just starting out. I did some detecting when I was a kid, but its been a while.

Bad idea, you are going to be most unhappy with it. You can PM me for why. I don't wish to listen to a hundred people's opinions about their favorites.
You will like the Ace...dont worry about what relichunters says....wonder why what he has to say about it is such a secret?
 
Meh, I wasn't trying to start a debate on whether or not the Ace 250 was good. I'm not going to entertain the PM. I actually got it in last night and tested it out in the yard a bit. I like it so far and think its good just for the sheer fact that I'm a beginner. If I want to upgrade later on down the line I will. I plan on going out later today to an area I've been researching for a while.
 
You'll do fine with the Ace 250.

You'll probably find that technology has made a few leaps since the last time you used a detector.

Just play around with it and have some fun!

If you can swing it, a Garrett Propointer will make the hobby a lot more enjoyable. It really helps you to zero in on targets when you go to dig. :icon_thumleft:
 
The 250 is a good machine. Just think of it as a 2500 without all the bells and whistles. Just your basic, reliable, detector. TTC
 
lookindown said:
relichunters said:
ftwhite03 said:
I got a Garrett Ace 250. I figured it would be good for just starting out. I did some detecting when I was a kid, but its been a while.

Bad idea, you are going to be most unhappy with it. You can PM me for why. I don't wish to listen to a hundred people's opinions about their favorites.
You will like the Ace...dont worry about what relichunters says....wonder why what he has to say about it is such a secret?

I buy and test machines in all their functions. I see the pros and cons of them. ACE 250 was 3rd worst so far. I look for a detector that is perfect, which I have already found. One of the reasons so many recommend it, is simply because they see everyone else recommend it and assume it's a good solid detector. If you compare it to a dozen other brands and models, you will see a big difference.
 
Warning! You will develope a rubber neck! Everywhere you drive your neck will be moving left to right looking for sites at which to hunt. Backhoes, bulldozers, and construction sites will attract your attention!
 
I look for a detector that is perfect, which I have already found.
[/quote]

Ok, I'll ask.

Based on your research, which detector did you conclude was perfect?

I'm genuinely curious.
 
Smudge said:
I look for a detector that is perfect, which I have already found.

Ok, I'll ask.

Based on your research, which detector did you conclude was perfect?

I'm genuinely curious.
[/quote]


I was going to ask the same question. Would like to know what that perfect detect is.
 
I went out and used it a bit yesterday before the weather turned sour. I liked it quite a bit, but I still need some practice. The place I had been looking at had a sign out front that said not to disturb the soil so I hit up a local park. There was a lot of trash so I put it on the coin only setting and found a bit of clad. I didn't find anything special but I had fun doing it which is what matters I think. There are quite a few old places around where I live and I cant wait to get out there and hunt them.
 
the ace 2 fiddy.. have fun digging ghost targets,dept being wrong , I.D being off,better you




than me with that bell tone. and it eat battery.you would of better off to get a White's or a Tesoro.
 
Boy you have went and done it now, your going to get hooked....lol :icon_thumleft: Oh, bye the way welcome to our addiction!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom