FINALLY

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out for a short hunt in (yes you guessed it) a over grown city park. I found a small coin spill there on Friday consisting of a 1867 shield nickel and a 1864 Indian so I thought I would hit that area a little harder today. I first popped the V nickel (no date yet, still dirty), then a sterling bar pin and then FINALLY my long sought after seated coin!! This one happened to be a 1874, so now I can concentrate on something else like a 2 cent piece or a Reale.
Thanks for lookinโ€™
GL&HH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 45
CONGRATULATIONS Mr. Joe Bob!!!! Has to be a good feeling :occasion14:

Congrats, my friend. That seated is one you will never forget. I think you might pop another nice silver out of there before long.

Congrats on a 'first', thats what most of us aim for. Time to change up the Wish List.

Congrats, my friend. That seated is one you will never forget. I think you might pop another nice silver out of there before long.
I hope so!! Itโ€™s been good to me and Joe-Bro (Tnet member) and my buddy Jeff lately with 3 mercโ€™s and pair of barber dimes, a seated dime, a barber quarter a ton of V nickels and some silver jewelry. The hunting is tough, what used to be a nice rolling park is now rocky woods with stonewalls and blow downs everywhere but thereโ€™s good stuff in there still.

Seated in a park - Nice Congrats still on my bucket list!

Hell ya JD! Thatโ€™s a looker of a Seated Dime. Is that your first Seated coin?? Well done!!

Joe congrats that is a beautiful seated dime! Very nice. I know what you mean about concentrating on a coin to make yourself find it!

Now if it's a CC mint mark, you REALLY have something! :icon_thumleft:

Maybe if I start concentrating I'll find one too.

That's a beauty! Congrats on a great save.

Congratulations Joe! Seated Liberty is some of the finest coinage ever minted. It's always a good idea to checkout the (allegedly) hunted out parks, especially with these newer machines.

Congrats on your first seated. You will always remember the day. I found my first back in 1996 and can remember it like yesterday. The seated coin is my favorite designed coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back