What's new

Find this $9000 ring Cape Cod

It fell between the rocks on a jetty..........so the groom says..........the 2 of them were laughing and said his mother insured the ring the day before. Sounds like a scam to me with the jeweler involved cuz the insurance company will want the reciept..........no reciept.........no check!
 
:dontknow: but sounds like a scam 2 me
 
My first thought was scam..... So why couldn't they find it with a detector if they just dropped it into the rocks? However, my wife reminded me that most jetties are made of granite rock which can signal a detector (hot rock). So perhaps a detector was useless in finding the ring in the rocks. We have some rock jetties here at the beach and the higher ones are very open, not filled with sand. A ring dropped into them would disappear into the abyss. It would take a lot of rock moving to get to the bottom of the pile. I am surprised that the insurance company would not get the necessary equipment and permission to move some rocks to get to the bottom and find the ring. I know I would if it was my ring.
 
But though there was no diamond, there was a silver lining: Unbeknownst to Cawley, just three days before the ill-fated proposal, his mother had had the ring insured. “I swore my mom knew,” Cawley told TODAYshow.com. “She insured the ring knowing something could happen. These things only happen to me.”
 
I think I would get a rope with a magnet and see what I could find. :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom