What's new

Finding flat buttons no tone?

LostinGeorgia

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
461
Reaction score
2,070
Golden Thread
0
I have found 5 flat buttons in the last 2 days in a new area where I detect. Of the five four of them gave no tone. I have found them simply by watching the screen for number jump. Then pinpointing them with the detecter and then digging. They have all been about 6 to 8 inches deep. I detect with a legend and am using the large coil that came with it. Wondering if this is normal and if it is I guess I need to go back over past sites and try this method. In the past I haven’t really tried digging any thing without hearing tone. Interested in any thoughts
 
I'm not familiar with the Legend, but the only thing I can think of is maybe your running your discrimination to high and blanking them out ?
 
I'm not familiar with the Legend, but the only thing I can think of is maybe your running your discrimination to high and blanking them out ?
Running with no discrimination. Not sure what’s going on but now up to 8 flat buttons all about 8 inches deep or more. Extremely dry here now so maybe that explains some of it.
 
They're probably not very conductive so give a tone too low for the discrimination setting to differentiate from iron. If you can, put it in all metal mode, and dig everything.
 
They're probably not very conductive so give a tone too low for the discrimination setting to differentiate from iron. If you can, put it in all metal mode, and dig everything.
That’s what I have been doing. Just found a 1781 Spanish reale
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom